Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26, 2011


Cold front moving in
A cold front moved in early Sunday morning with one clap of thunder and about five rain drops.  Most of the day was cloudy with a brisk wind.  It was 56 when I got up and the high for the day was 58.  Typical Fall weather, I guess.  Can't decide if it's going to be hot, warm or cold.  It was 87 Down There on Saturday which was 14 degrees above average.

Am still taking it easy on my back.  Made cards, birthday presents and Christmas presents.  Defrosted the refrigerator.  Sorted through another box.  JB arrived home about 2:00 pm with a big load of Douglas Fir from his brother's.  He had a very good weekend and did an excellent job of representing both of us at the memorial service.  Most of the people there hadn't seen him since before we moved to Chicago.

Caught another mouse Sunday morning just after I posted my blog.  It was the first time that our new, super-duper mousetraps didn't kill instantly.  So I had to go get the hammer.  Guess I'm really going out of my city mind, because I didn't get all upset about having to kill it this time.  Just did what had to be done & put it in a plastic bag to take out in daylight.  Now I feel kind of bad about not getting upset. . .

Raked up another two bags of pine needles on Sunday.  With all the wind, I couldn't tell that I had just done it on Saturday.  We only need to use the needles to start a fire, so don't really use them when we have the stove going 24/7.  However last Spring we did use alot because we didn't always need a fire during the day, just morning and evening.  I actually ran out of needles mid-May.  So this Fall I am going to rake up about 10 bags full instead of 5 or 6.  I already have 5 bags, plus JB brought back a bag of shavings from using his chain saw this weekend.  Some of the rounds were so big that they couldn't be moved unless sawed in half!  One of them was three feet in diameter.  He neatly stacked all the wood that is left and we will pick it up next Spring and Summer when it is dry and a bit lighter.

Elsie is planning on bringing her Grandson up to Rose Camp today to see the tipi.  He is three years old and quite the character.  She watches him most Mondays.  Hopefully it won't rain and spoil their plans.



No comments:

Post a Comment