Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 12, 2011

Rime ring!

What an incredible photograph!  You can actually see the ring of rime that the frozen fog left on the canyon walls.  The trees and the sides of canyon are all white with hoar frost, not snow.  This was taken Sunday afternoon from our north ridge, looking north west.

The sky was cloudy on Sunday for the first time in a couple weeks.  Occasionally a few snow flakes would drift down, but it was just a tease for the weather that is predicted for Wednesday.  Possible snow flurries then.

I am compiling an index for my blog which I hope to post soon on a new page.  It is taking much longer and is much more tedious than I had anticipated, but it will make it much easier to find specific subjects and photographs without having to read through everything I have written.  Of course to make the index, I have to go back and re-read the whole blog and I am reminded of everthing we have done in the past 3-1/2 years.  Makes me want to take a nap!

JB baked bread on Friday and with that delicious scent wafting up into the loft, it was difficult not to drool on the cards I was making.  He really gets into cooking and baking when the weather turns cold.  I plan to get started on baking Christmas cookies today, and begin decorating.  I normally start putting up decorations on Thanksgiving weekend, but this year I was still decorating Christmas cards instead.

JB spent all day Sunday researching glass trade beads.  For years he has wanted to be able to have the time to it, and now that he does have the time he is practically giddy, he is so pleased.  It's a fascinating subject, and I love our collection of beads.  It is amazing to think how we are both communicating with people all over the country, actually all over the world.  I never would have been able to conceive of such a thing 30 years ago.

And speaking of such inconceivable things, the last Time magazine was all about recent inventions.  I was in absolute awe as I read about them.  Such incredible ideas that are becoming real.  If mankind can bring such amazing ideas into reality, why can we not find politicians who are devoted to an actual government of the people, by the people and for the people? Is it too much to hope for?  Where are the statesmen of yesteryear?

Thought for the day:  Let the Constitution be taught in schools, seminaries and in colleges; let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislative halls, enforced in courts of justice, in short, let it become the political religion of the nation.   Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment