Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 5, 2011


Walking up driveway to our home

Not much to write about Sunday itself.  Our day off.  A long, leisurely morning and didn't get to the dishes til almost 11:00 a.m.  JB spent most of his day on the computer doing research on his hobby - glass beads traded in North America.  We became interested in collecting and researching them when we were rendezvousing with the Black Powder clubs.  I went for a hike with the dogs into the woods. I love tromping about in the trees with no worries of snakes or bears.  I can usually do that from November through April, depending upon the snow.  Saw lots of deer, rabbit, squirrel and Jesse tracks, but no actual wildlife.  At least there were no cat tracks. . .  A friend in northern Idaho e-mailed a photo that her neighbor's game cam caught of a very large cougar.  Glad northern Idaho is quite is almost 200 miles away.

Suddenly Christmas is almost here.  With Thanksgiving being so early this year, I feel like it is sneaking up on us.  I have the Christmas wreath and table cloth out, but nothing else yet.  I feel like getting all my decorations out, especially those with the word Christmas on them, to help make up for the lack of Christmas spirit at the White House.  A Holiday Tree as opposed to a Christmas tree?  Unbelievable!  If that doesn't cinch him being kicked out next year, I don't know what will. 

Enough of my political tirade and on to happier thoughts.  Our solar power has been working better than ever since JB tightened up all the bolts and wires.  Just glad that we put that extra cement around the panel post.  Next year we should really put some guy wires up also, as the cement won't do much good if the ground gets soaked again and the wind starts really blowing. 

Thought for the day:  I roamed the countryside searching for answers to things I did not understand.   Leonardo Da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment