Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feb 13, 2013 Larry to the Rescue. . . Again


Wildflower from last summer on our
southern slope



Pine tree that grew out & then up
on our southern slope
 Monday began with a slight overcast and 20, and managed to get up to 35.  JB left at 9:30 a.m. for Down There.  I started the laundry and dishes, then JB was back at 10:15 am.  He was having a problem with what he thought was MAX's fuel line.  But he really did have to go to town, so Plan B: he tried his Jeep only to get stuck down in the hair pin.  I hiked down with an extra shovel to help him out, but to no avail.  Plan C: called Larry to ask if he could drive JB back up after he got back from town and, of course, he said he could.  So JB walked down to our car (took him two hours) and went to town, then Larry drove him back up.  After which Larry was going to the Westies' cabin to help them burn a pile of brush which they cut during the forest fires last September.  Meanwhile I finished my chores and baked the cookies I had promised JB.  What a day. . . Larry and Elsie are the only couple we have ever met who get such a kick out of helping other people!

Tuesday was overcast and 26, but the sun came out early afternoon  The temperature got up to 36, but we had a very cold breeze that turned into a wind after sunset and howled most of the night.  Not laundry day but I did a load anyway so JB won't have to worry about it while I'm gone.  Water was gushing into the cistern so we ran the pump for almost an hour.

We tilted the solar panels half way up (a week late).  Tilting them down is no problem, but they seem to get heavier every year when we have to lift them up.

I helped JB open up MAX so he could work on it.  Looks like the problem may be in the belt that needs replacing.  JB wasn't able to loosen the screw to do that, but will try again today.  If we can't get it fixed today, Larry offered to come pick me up Thursday morning before he goes to work and take me down to our car so I can leave for Port Orchard.

I blame this whole mess on the doctor's appointment I made right after Christmas for February 20.  Whenever you plan something, it seems to act like a magnet to other and varied events.  JB got called for jury duty (this week and next).  I am going to spend a week with my Aunt Nene (a good thing for a sad reason).  MAX acts up.  The Jeep is stuck.  With our new health insurance, JB has to see his regular doctor for a referral before he can make an appointment with his heart doctor that he has been seeing for four years, which is on the 21st.  And so it goes. . . 

JB is going to bake scones today and work on MAX again.  I am going to finish packing.  Since I won't have internet access while I am gone, my next blog posting will be on Friday, February 22.

Thought for the day:  Everything is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.  Will Rogers.

No comments:

Post a Comment