Friday, February 8, 2013

Feb 8, 2013 Walks & Windows


Our Wood Spirit, carved by Nature


Dogs "helping" JB with the chains



















Newspapers, dishes, laundry and vacuum-packing the meat JB purchased on Tuesday kept me busy most of Wednesday.  Also read more of book #27.

JB took the chains off of the two tires on his Jeep and will exchange both sets for ones with larger links when he goes Down There on Monday.  He's up for jury duty again, and even if he doesn't have to go in, he'll go down for a few errands.  Also to mail all the valentines.  Now I'll have to start making Easter cards. . .

Was overcast all day and the temperature just barely made it up to freezing.

JB was finally able to download the Anhauser-Busch Superbowl ad.  Ahhh. . .  The only thing I miss about the Superbowl.

Some very interesting information in our magazines this time around.  "Time" has an article in the February 11 issue about web-comics that actually makes me want to check out some of them.  It takes alot to make me want to spend more time on the computer.

Thursday morning was sunny, but a crisp 22.  Now, on such a day, the sun is on the panels by 7:45 a.m.  It's getting hard to remember the dark mornings and eves of December and early January, when breakfast and dinner were eaten when it was dark outside.

Have started packing for my trip next Thursday.  Thankfully, MAX can carry up to 1000 lbs. . .

Received one of my favorite catalogs in this mail, "What On Earth".  So many hilarious t-shirts and other items.  Lots of ideas for magnets, and gifts for our son.  He can buy what he wants, so give him what makes him laugh.

Also on Tuesday, JB discovered gluten-free bread at Costco.  It's about $1.50 cheaper than elsewhere.  Very good, despite all the sunflower seeds.

Winter sunshine is very welcome, however it does tend to accentuate the dirt on my windows.  There's no way I can clean the outside of them in these temperatures, but the insides are another matter.  I can't wash them while the sun is shining on them, but when it isn't my subconscious kicks in and I "forget" how dirty they are, and don't.  And I have absolutely no idea how some of those smudges get where they are.  The dogs can't jump that high, and they sure don't look like human hand smudges.  The only windows I really have to clean are the glass front doors where the dogs' noses dirty them on a daily basis.

And then there is clutter.  Our dining room table is always cluttered with unread magazines or those from which I want to copy articles or recipes; books I am reading; my current sudoku book; etc.  Using the suggestion of a friend to employ a napkin holder for such items certainly helped, but it just made more room for more clutter.  So instead of fighting it and letting it upset me, I am simply learning to live with it.

I finally have my Uncle Jack's eulogy about finished.  Every time I look at it, I change a word here and there.  I read it outloud to JB for practice, and I guess it sounds as good as it ever will.

After lunch the dogs and I went on a walk down the road to the wood spirit which is a little over 2/3 mile round trip.  Our road is covered with tracks, proving it is a veritable highway for deer, dogs, coyotes, and rabbits.  Our son called as I was on my way back up.  It was 27 at Rose Camp and 77 in Alabama.  He had a hard time believing that I had had to take off my gloves and unzip my jacket.  But then I have a hard time understanding how he can wear long-sleeve shirts in his weather.

JB didn't go on our daily afternoon walk as he had just taken the foccacia bread out of the oven and was in the middle of starting the smoked gouda and potato soup for dinner.  Yummm!  The clouds had moved in by then and our high for the day was the same as Wednesday - 32.

Thank you to "the Goodwife" for your comments.  I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

Thought for the day:  To the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.  William Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment