Friday, February 22, 2013

Feb 22, 2013 Back Home Again


MAX & trailer on the way back
to Rose Camp

Home again.  As much as I always look forward to returning to Rose Camp when I am away, it was with some reluctance that I left Aunt Nene's on Wednesday.  It had been a sad visit, but a very good visit.  Some tears, but lots of laughs about good memories, and many hours of playing Skipbo.  The memorial service was perfect, closing with Uncle Jack's Granddaughter singing with her angelic voice.  It was hard also to leave our nephew's home Thursday morning as it as been more than two years since I have seen them.  Their son is five now and so grown up!

Visibility over Snoqualamie Pass was almost nil in blizzard-like conditions.  I just got behind a truck and made it over easily.  Was only about ten miles of snow and, of course, the sun came out on the east side of the mountains.  JB met me at Larry's and Elsie's with an ailing MAX pulling our small trailer.  Good thing he did bring the trailer or half my things would still be in the Jeep!  But instead of the normal 45 minutes, it took us two hours to get up to Rose Camp.  There is an obvious problem with the fuel pump that we will have to work on.

A fine, light snow is falling and one to two feet of snow is being dumped on the mountains.  RJ was going to try to come up this weekend, but I doubt he will make it.  Meanwhile I have to find places for all the goodies I bought at the dollar store with Nene. . .

Thought for the day:  Home is where the heart is.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, missed you posting, always look forward to what you are going to say, Hope Max is not to hard to fix.

    ReplyDelete