Monday, April 15, 2013

Apr 15, 2013 Rose's Jeep & The U.N.



Firewood restacked in the wood shed.

Friday, 4/12.  Before lunch, while JB was out cleaning grease off all the tools we had used to fix MAX, I used my computer to start a typing a "How to Live at Rose Camp" manual just in case anything happens to us.  I am trying to list all facets of living Up Here.  So far it is three typed pages, and I have already written notes to add to it.

After lunch we decided to ride MAX down to my Jeep and if the road was dry enough, I would drive my Jeep back home.  We had stopped to move some rocks off the road when I noticed that the locking collar on the axle we replaced had slipped out a little.  Just to be safe, JB parked MAX and we walked the rest (most) of the way, about 1-1/2 miles, moving rocks as we went.  The road was actually better that we thought it would be, except for one sheltered area that still had a lot of snow.  I drove us all back to MAX, where JB and Jesse got out.  Dinga and I made it all the way back up just fine.  The whole operation only took about 1-1/2 hours, but I took a nap before dinner.  I have taken one for the past three days, and it feels so good.

A light rain began falling about 4:30 pm.  We had watched it march in from the west and there were occasional flakes of white mixed in with the droplets.  Our high for the day was 36, but as the evening cooled, the rain mixture became fully snow, but did not stick.

There is a rumor that the U.N. Small Arms Treaty includes a clause which mandates that guns be taken from all people over 55 because that is the age group that is most likely to commit suicide with a gun.  I suppose that is as good a reason as any to try to disarm the citizens of any country, but I can tell you that if they try to take mine, it won't be suicide I'll be committing.  JB keeps checking the U.N. web site, but has yet to see the text of the treaty.  What is it about people who want to tell others how to live their lives?  To have so much power over others?!  Just get out of my face!

Larry and Elsie arrived this evening for a visit, bearing eggs, bones for the dogs and current canyon news.

Saturday, 4/13.  The wind howled all night and at some point it was battering the house with rain.  Not a good night for sleeping, so when sleep finally came, I was in no hurry to get up.  It was 20 and still blowing when I arose at 8:30, with no clouds in sight.

Using the outhouse is a very interesting experience when the wind is blowing so hard.  It blows down the vent pipes and back up the seat hole. . .

We kept a fire going all day.  It felt like the wind was literally blowing the cold through the walls, although I'm sure just the sound of it made me feel cold.  Not at all a good day to be outside, but a perfect day to make a big pot of chicken stew.  A few clouds went scooting past during the day, torn from the vast white wall over the mountains to the west.

JB braved the wind to take the dogs on their morning hike, but it was a nasty, icy wind and the dogs didn't want to be out in it unless we were.  So we all ended up spending most of the day inside, together.

I worked most of the time on my "How to Live at Rose Camp" manual, my new will and other legal documents.  The manual is now six pages long.

The wind blew in a short snow flurry about 7:30 pm and then finally died out, leaving only a trace of white covering lots of small, downed branches.

Sunday, 4/14.  Began partly cloudy and 21, staying like that most of the day, with a high of 34.

I started a new book that JB downloaded for free on his Nook on Friday from Barnes & Noble.  It is Angel Ink by Jocelyyn Drake and is on the order of Jim Butcher's novels.  It is not quite as well written, but has a very intriguing premise.  Elsie had told us about Agenda 21 several months ago and on  Saturday JB bought, and downloaded onto his Nook, the book Behind The Green Mask: U.N. Agenda 21 which is written by Rosa Koire.  This is no novel, but scary fact that everyone in the U.S, no, everyone in the world should read!  It is well researched and documented, and should be mandatory reading in all high schools and universities.  It is about a "new world order" that is attempting to take over.  I hesitated to write that last sentence because it sounds so absurd, but believe me, it is the truth.  I am glad that I am 65, because I would not want to live through this conflict as a young person. 

My manual on how to live Up Here is now seven pages long and that's where I'm stopping.  Will mail copies to our son, my brother and a couple other family members.  Will also give one to Larry and Elsie.

There were no photos on the game cam except of branches blowing in the wind, so when we walked down in the afternoon to put the card back in, we lowered it a few feet.  Hopefully we'll get something this week.

I am planning to go on my first lone shopping trip Down There on Tuesday before JB leaves for Seattle on Friday.  I know we have several packages waiting at our mail box in town, plus there are a few things I need to get.  Am also going to have my will and other documents notarized.

Let the dogs out after watching "Warehouse 13" and walked out into a white world and at good 1/2" of snow!

Monday, 4/15.  Woke up to 2" of snow with 23 degrees, and it is still coming down.  JB hiked up to clean off the solar panels as soon as he got up at 7:15 am.  Better him than me. . .

Thought for the day:  Those who trade liberty for security have neither.  John Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment