Friday, April 19, 2013

Apr 19, 2013 Tea & Hair



Jesse's nest on our bed. 

Wednesday, 4/16.  We treated this morning like it was Sunday, reading the papers and magazines.  A nice, lazy morning.  The Wenatchee paper had another very interesting article on wolves and how people in Minnesota have learned to live with them.  They have about 3000, compared to Washington's 100.  I think we will be able to manage also.

More great articles in the new issues of BackHome and Countryside, as usual.  They are always interesting, but this month there seem to be more that apply to us.  BackHome did publish my letter to the editor.  Guess I was on a bit of a rant when I wrote it. . .

I always have several types of tea on hand because I really enjoy mixing them together.  This morning I had my 12 oz. cup with one bag of English Breakfast and one bag of Lemon Ginger.  Delicious!

It was already 40 and still sunny by the time the laundry was done, so I hung the socks outside.  Soon discovered there was an icy breeze, and my fingertips were numb by the time I got back in!

I gave up on trying to deal with my thinning and limp hair without using a shampoo with chemicals.  On Tuesday when I went Down There, I bought some Nioxin shampoo and conditioner.  I can feel the difference with just one shampooing.

While I was Down There on Tuesday, JB made a recipe for "rye" bread.  Well, obviously it has no rye flour in it, and is gluten free, but it uses a combination of four different flours and several unusual ingredients.  It makes three loaves and it really does taste like rye!  The recipe was in a midwest cookbook that one of his cousins gave to us.

The sky clouded over in the afternoon, but the socks were dry by the regular time.  We both took naps.  It was a slow day all around.

JB called his doctor about the side effects he was experiencing and was told to go off the medication (for cholesterol) for a week.

I made a potato, bacon and cheese fritata for dinner, and then we watched more of the second year of "Warehouse 13."

Thursday, 4/18.  It was overcast and 29 this morning.  Much warmer than it has been, but it stayed overcast all day with the sun peaking through a few times.  Our high was 48.

After lunch, JB took the chains off of his Jeep and got all ready for his trip to Seattle tomorrow.  I trimmed more of the large pile of branches, putting some of the larger pieces in the wood cradle for JB to cut with the chain saw.  I also took two loads of smaller pieces to the wood shed.

The most irritating thing about Spring is that those pants that have hung in my closet all winter have shrunk. . .

Monday's snow is just about all gone, and a new storm is supposed to move in on Saturday.  Not sure if it will bring rain or snow.

Friday, 4/19.  It is partly cloudy and 32 outside.  All the little patches of snow have now disappeared.  Maybe Winter is finally ceding to Spring. . .

JB is planning to leave at 8:00 am, so I am up earlier than usual.  A nap sounds good for this afternoon. . .

Thought for the day:  Know guns.  Know peace.  Know safety.  No guns.  No peace.  No safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment