Friday, April 26, 2013

Apr 26, 2013 Gun Thoughts




Chipmunk on the woodshed

Wednesday, 4/24.  Still reading magazines JB brought up on Monday.  Got to LOVE Backwoods Home magazine!  Always good, but this issue is absolutely excellent!  Three articles especially:  "My View" regarding BHM's local school band vs. the teacher's union; "Gun Control for Dummies" in "Ayoob on Firearms"; "The Last Word" by John Silveira.  Here's a quote from Ayoob: "When you tell the public "You can no longer have something you've always been allowed to have", it's not "control", it's prohibition."  So many good points in that article.  "The Last Word" brought up a very thought provoking fact: The police are not here to protect you.  They are here to uphold the law.  A big difference.  Also, I have had reservations regarding semi-automatic guns with large magazines, but this article convinced me that they should remain legal.  This is a "must read" issue.

The day stayed clear with a high of 53.  I hung the wash outside & loved it.  Ahhh, the little things.

We took two trailer loads of firewood from the north end of the porch and several wagon loads from the south end.  Got it all stacked in the shed.  Should be able to finish up tomorrow.  Not as sore as I thought I would be, as this is the second day of hard labor.

Thursday, 4/25.  Another clear day that began as 38 but quickly warmed up.  I did another load of wash and it was alreay 54 when I hung it up.  Then I raked the pine needles off of the "lawn" part of the yard.  Always a good workout and it got the kinks out from yesterday.

Two more trailer loads of wood from the porch to the shed and several more wagon loads and all the firewood was off the porch.  Woo hoo!  Now we just have to figure out what to do with the washing machine and dryer, then we'll have our porch back.   Still plenty of room for the chairs and we did sit in them after dinner.  So nice.

Saw our first hummingbird, who was zipping around the hook where I hang their feeder.  Will have to get that out soon.  JB thought he heard the wren, but I didn't see it.

I really need to be more physically active next winter.  Crossword puzzles and sudoku are great for working the brain muscles, but they don't do much for the rest of my body.

I napped while JB fixed dinner.  Felt sooo good!

We watched the first of the Jesse Stone movies with Tom Selleck and will probably watch the rest at one or two a week.

Friday, 4/25.  Another beautiful day but two nasty storms are supposed to be moving in on Saturday and Monday with lots of strong winds.  No hard labor today.  Giving our muscles a rest.

JB is making our Spring run to the garbage dump and buying a few pieces of lumber to braced the wood in the wood shed.  I am just going to do light weight chores.

Thought for the day: Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment