Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Apr 24, 2013 Oops!



Oops!



Restacked, along with some wood from the porch.
















Monday, 4/22.  Dinga and Jesse's four-legged friend from two miles down the canyon, Buster, came to visit early this morning.  He always comes up when he and his master arrive at their cabin.

Got going early again today.  Thoroughly vacuumed, then went outside to collect wildflowers for pressing.  Gathered a small container of Western Spring Beauties and especially Yellow bells, as they won't last much longer.  Put them all it the press and now I just wait.  I didn't do any flower pressing last year, but I still have a lot of pressed flowers that I haven't used.

It was a beautiful day and I could see all the mountain peaks, so brilliant against the deep blue sky.  But it was cold, even in the sun.  Our high was 40.

JB arrived home a little after 2:00 pm with lots of goodies from the coast.  Wine from his brother.  Books, candy and doggie treats from his Mom, along with my birthday present that I will have to resist opening for another 3-1/2 weeks.  He had a good visit and the winery had a great weekend.

Lots of mail and newspapers to read.  Both tired, but we managed to make  some nachos and watch a couple episodes of "Rizzoli & Isles."

Tuesday, 4/23.  The day began cloudy and 30, but we had blue sky by noon and the sun was nice and warm.  Our high at the house was only 45, but it was much warmer on the south ridge.

Wasn't too sure about the weather when the laundry was done, but hung one sheet and towel outside.  Turned out just fine.

After lunch I began taking wood from the porch to the wood shed in the garden wagon, but not only did I stack - I had to restack (see photo above).  Obviously I need more practice.  It made a very loud noise falling down, almost as loud as my wrath afterwards which only poor JB was there to be in the way of.  I worked for 2-1/2 hours and got 1/2 of one row from the porch into the wood shed, in additon to the restacking. . .

JB used the trailer to bring down the rest of the branches we had cut on the south ridge.  Then he used his Jeep to pull out five large scrub brush.  Their roots often go down two feet or more.  By 3:00 pm we were both tired and aching.  Definitely an ibuprofen night.

On our walk we could really feel the difference in temperature as we came down our north slope from the warm south ridge.  It really got chilly.

Dinga has really been grazing on the new Spring grasses more than usual this year.  Probably because of the meds she is on.  I swear she eats as much as a cow would!

Regarding the comment about knitting, that is probably the best choice and I even have some really pretty yarn left from a craft project years ago.  Will just have to practice a bit.

Wednesday, 4/24.  Another beautiful, cloudless morning and 34.  Lots to do outside as usual.  I love it!

Thought for the day:  The United States Constitution (c) 1791.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment