Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23, 2014 Rain!

Elsie's onions literally tying themselves
into knots!




Monday 7/21. I sorted and organized.  Sorted and organized.  Made another 8-cup batch of humming bird syrup.  By the looks of things, this may be the last one.  The humming birds have thinned out and it seems to me that they are all gone by late July or early August.

I waited for the shade to be in the right place, then split and stacked four wheelbarrow loads of wood from the eight trees we cut down.  Looks like there's maybe another four loads to do.  Feels so good to be doing this again.  Six summers of it and I still enjoy it.

Our high for the day was 79, but that was around 3:30 pm and not for very long.  Mostly it was a very pleasant day in the low 70's.

I got serious about cleaning out my crafting corner of the loft.  Got a big box and began filling it with craft supplies that, after six years, I am certain I won't be using.  I will take it with me to Nene's and leave it there for my crafty cousin.

Tuesday 7/22. Woke up at 4:00 am to the sound of rain!  Woo Hoo!  It was 55 and still raining when I got up at 7:00 am.  Thanks to NOAA, I wasn't expecting rain until tomorrow, so Miss Kitty's windows were still out.  I put them back in when I went out to feed the girls.  Fortunately there was no wind, so the cab didn't get completely soaked.  I am sure there are a lot of relieved fire fighters and home owners this morning.  I don't recall ever greeting rain with such enthusiasm while living on the other side of the mountains.

I finished filling the box with craft supplies.  It feels really good to be getting rid of so much, especially because I am pretty sure that my cousin can use most of it.  And now I can actually see the top of the table.

The rain continued to fall off and on all morning, then just before noon the fog rolled in for a little while.  Never been this enthusiastic about seeing fog either.  It started raining again mid-afternoon and then on and off for the rest of the day.  We received .22".

I finished another Dresdan book. . .

Wednesday 7/23.  It is 55 and mostly cloudy this morning with a forecast for thunder storms.  The mountains are covered with big, fluffy clouds that are supposed to be here by 11:00 am.  At least the ground and flora are wet.

Thought for the day: Flowers are a proud assertion than a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world. Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment