Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 30, 2014 Hot Again

Another phenomenal sunset



Monday  7/28. The smoke cleared out by mid morning, but it was back in the evening.  Our high for the day was 97 with very little air movement.

JB arrived home at 1:30 pm after doing a couple errands in town.  It was a hot drive for him as neither of us have air conditioning in our vehicles.  Hot and sweaty, but home, and that's all that counts.

Tuesday 7/29. It was 71 and clear this morning with just a little smoke coming in from the Chewakum fire.  I left at 7:45 for Down There to get the oil changed in my Jeep, hoping to beat the worst of the heat.  The shop had a nice, air-conditioned loaner for me, so I did a little grocery shopping for us and the dogs and chickens.  Turned out I needed a new battery (well, the Jeep needed it, but sometimes I feel like I do too) so that took a little longer, but I was home by noon.

By then it was just too hot to do anything but try to keep cool, which means just sitting as still as possible.  No wonder I am reading so many books lately.  More heat is in the forecast til the weekend.  Am still giving the girls frozen fruit on these hot days.  They love it.

I leave for Nene's a week from today and there is a promise of cooler temps by then.  Am really looking forward to the trip to Idaho, but I certainly hope it's a cool one. . .

Wednesday 7/30. It is 71 and partly cloudy this morning with a very cool breeze that is absolutely delightful.  I can only hope it lasts through the day.

Thought for the day: If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal. Emma Goldman

No comments:

Post a Comment