Friday, September 12, 2014

Sept 12, 2014 Busy for the BBQ

JB mowing at the intersection of our road and
the main canyon road.



Wednesday 9/10. JB put a fire in the wood stove when he got up a 6:00 am this morning.  It took the chill out and we didn't need one for the rest of the day.  Our high was 62.

I did a lot of inside projects and chores, including defrosting the fridge and making broth for the dogs.  JB chipped three loads of branches into the yard.

Blondie is finally roosting with the other two girls at night.  Might be because the nights are getting cooler.

Thursday 9/11.  Remembrance Day, and we do remember.

It was 38 with a bright, blue sky this morning.  Had to bundle up to go Down There.  JB left at 7:30 and I was on my way at 8:00 am.  I picked him up at the shop where his Jeep is being fixed, then we got rid of the big load of recycle in my Jeep and ran a few errands.  Home by 11:00 am.  And tomorrow, for the third day in a row, I have to get up earlier than usual and be on my way.  I'll take JB to the shop to pick up his Jeep, then I will go shopping for "fresh" items needed for the BBQ.

We finally have peppers on our two bell pepper plants - after three months!  And the temperature is supposed to dip below freezing tonight, so we put a plastic bag over them.  Our high for today was only 58.

Had a nice long talk with Randy this evening.  He has found a source of wood and is having huge rounds delivered to him.  Their new splitter is his new best friend.

From now until after the BBQ is going to be crazy.  So much to do. . .

To answer the question about fat wood, it is wood with a high pitch content and burns very easily.  Fat wood (or touch wood) is cut into thin sticks and used for fire starter.

Friday 9/12. It is 48 with a clear sky this morning.  Going back Down There and, hopefully, that will be it for a while.

Thought for the day: Old age is 15 years older than I am.  Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment