Friday, September 26, 2014

Sept 26, 2014 Foggy & Soggy


JB slicing wood in the cradle while
Dinga keeps watch.





Wednesday 9/24. So nice to be rid of the dust!  With all the needles and chippings on the ground, there really isn't a lot of mud, depending upon where you walk.  

This morning I vacuumed-packed a 25 lb bag of GF oats into a couple of 1/2-gallon mason jars and several bags.  Then after lunch we sliced the pile of 6 ft tree trunks into rounds.  These were from the trees we had cut down on the north ridge a few weeks ago.  Now I can split them at my leisure.  This should almost finish the last row in the wood shed, then we'll start stacking on the porch.

Our local bear showed up again on the game cam.  Probably a three year old, and a beautiful chocolate brown.

Our high today was 54.  Seems like there was always some moisture coming down, whether light or hard.  It was a light mist when were were out slicing rounds.

Still reading magazines from Monday's mail.  So often someone asks, "Why did God let that happen?"  I have never been one to think that.  I believe we humans have our free will and unfortunately many are often drawn to use that for selfish reasons.  Drawn to evil, if you will.  I believe we are in this life to learn and grow.  To learn to draw on the strongest power in the Universe - that which we call Love.  The closer we become to that power, the more we are in sync with that flow, the more we understand.  In all things give thanks.  Not so much that it happened, but that we will be given the strength to get through it, and from it we will grow.

Never did have to report for jury duty. . .  And I certainly gave thanks for that.

Thursday 9/25. It was 48 and overcast with valley fog this morning.  Seems like it rained most of the night.  I know because I couldn't sleep.  Got up and finished reading National Geographic, which has a very interesting article on GMO's.  Then finished my book.  Finally took some melatonin.  Very interesting how that works.  Just seems quiet my mind and slow down my thoughts so they don't race, and then I can get to sleep.  Up at 8:30, but on dreary mornings like this, whether I have slept or not, I simply cannot get going in any sort of quick manner.

I sorted and organized a bit.  Just when I am sure it's all done, suddenly I think of more to do.

We moved the rounds down to the splitter and stacked them.  Then cut most of the wood in the cradle.  Stacked the larger pieces in the wood shed and took some to the splitter.

Fog traipsed in and out most of the day until the sun finally peeked out from the west about 4:30 pm.  Our high for the day was 55.

Watched the third installment of Lonesome Dove this evening, with just one more to go.  Love that Gus McCrae.

Friday 9/26. It is 48 and mostly cloudy this morning.  If it doesn't rain, we may try to get one of those two dead trees cut down today.

Thought for the day: The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.  Robert G. Ingersoll

No comments:

Post a Comment