Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8, 2015 Ditzy's Two Dusty Trips

The huge iris garden in town with just about every
color imaginable.
One of my favorites.















Wednesday, 5/6. I actually managed to get on my way Down There at 9:00 am.  It was a dusty ride, but worth it with all the flowers.  Bouquets of balsam root greeted me along our road and with the occasional flox mixed in.  All day I watched the clouds drop rain to the north, south and west of town.  Took me a little longer than I thought it would to run my errands, but I was home by 2:30, and with all the laundry this time.  No rain, but we did have a short hail storm pass over a little after 5:00 pm.  Our high for the day was only 54, but it seemed like the high 60's in town.

I'm on a roll catching up with movies I should have seen ten to fifteen years ago but never did.  This evening I watched Good Will Hunting, and my list of favorites keeps getting longer.

Thursday 5/7. It was 38 and clear this morning.  Got up at 6:15 am with the dogs and stayed up, but I lay down on the couch at 8:30 for a little snooze, knowing that JB would wake me up when he called at 9:00 am as he does every morning.

He is getting to watch the Chicago Blackhawks in the hockey play-offs, so that is really a treat for him.  We had a nice chat and he said there is a hot weekend in the forecast.  Supposed to be in the 80's over there.  Very unusual for May.

After we hung up, I took another look at the Ace Hardware advertisement for their Mother's Day sale and decided to hop down and buy myself a Mother's Day present.  I left at about 9:45 am, another dusty ride down.  Treated myself to a latte and a blueberry fritter.  Then went to Stan's, which is the big Ace Hardware and more, in town.  Ended up buying two items, neither of which were on sale: a little watering can and a great T-shirt.  I was going to post a photo of it but Randy called after I got home and I told him I was going to wear it when Nene and I came to visit, so I want it to be a surprise.

I finally got to take advantage of our AAA membership benefits - locked my keys in the car.  I don't remember having ever done that before.  A tow truck was there within 15 minutes and had my door open in less than one minute.  Then I went to visit Larry and Elsie, and told them about Ditzy's latest adventure. . .

For seven years I have driven past a house in town that has the most amazing garden of irises.  And every year I intend to take photos but never do.  Well, today I did, and they are just phenomenal.

After another dusty ride home, I ate lunch and went out to split some wood.  Split and stacked two big wheel barrow loads, each about 3/4 the size of the tractor bucket.  Added some rocks to the little wall I am building.  Cut some dead rose bushes from near the chicken run and discovered a large patch of devil's thorn which I will clear out tomorrow.  Also pulled a lot of grass and other plants from the graveled area.  Suddenly everything is getting really tall!

Finished my book and just puttzed around inside and out.  It was a beautiful day with a high of 64 and no breeze.  Didn't watch anything this evening.

Friday 5/8. It is 54 and clear this morning.  No fire needed.  Lots on my list of things to do today.

Thought for the day: Instant gratification is not soon enough. Meryl Streep

No comments:

Post a Comment