Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19, 2015 Smoke and The Dentist

Smoke to the west on a typical day lately.



Monday 8/17. I worked on the issue with John Hancock this morning.  Unbelievable that such a company can be so screwed up.  We are beyond frustrated with them.  Talked to the woman at the Washington State Insurance Commission, who is handling our complaint, and she wrote to them again.

We have two little frogs under the house that are croaking a duet.  So funny!

I had made a dentist appointment for early September but they called today with a opening for tomorrow at 3:10 pm.  Completely forgot about the heat when I agreed to it.  Elsie reminded me that it is supposed to be in the 90's, when we talked this evening.

Jesse finally accompanied us on our walk this afternoon.  Maybe he's just getting bored being Up Here with just me. . .

Our high for the day was 77 and still with lots of smoke.  JB says that soldiers from the army base in Tacoma are being sent in to help with the fire.

Tuesday 8/18. It was 65 with clear skies full of smoke this morning.  I just puttered around and read a book til it was time to get ready to leave.  Buster came up for a visit, to Jesse's delight.  I was on my way at 1:30 pm and actually quite calm about going to the dentist.  Got my tooth filled and survived quite nicely.  Am so proud of myself!

Our high for the day was 82 while I am sure it was well into the 90's Down There.

I hit the sack early this evening, but woke up at 11:00 pm to what I thought was the increased smell of smoke.  Checked all around and couldn't see anything.  There was no air movement so I am sure it was just the smoke from the north moving in.

Wednesday 8/19. It is 67 this morning and, once again, our blue skies are full of smoke.

Thought for the day: A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.  






No comments:

Post a Comment