Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015 Healing & Heat

Signs of an attempted break in.
Smoke to the north from the fire
near Lake Chelan.
















Friday 7/31. A very slow morning.  I really dislike afternoon appointments.  Especially in the summer heat.  Whine, whine, whine.  And too early for wine, wine, wine.  But JB got a clean bill of health and is healing as he should.  Still cannot lift his left arm above his shoulder or lift more than eight pounds for another two weeks, but that is all normal.  He is good to go for his trip to the other side of the mountains next Friday.

The temperature had soared above 100 Down There and was still 90 when we arrived back Up Here around 4:00 pm.  Not at all comfortable, especially when the air conditioning in my car consists of opening the windows.  I finally took Sandy's advice and put my feet in a pan of icy water. . . slowly.  It cooled me right off and kept me that way for the rest of the evening.  JB doesn't seem to be affected by the heat as much as I am.

Saturday 8/1. And we are done with July.  This morning's temp was 71 with clear skies.

The girls' tail feathers are starting to grow back now.  I told them that they had better start earning their keep again or I will get out my recipes for BBQ chicken.  They only gave us 19 eggs in July.

Another hot day with a high of 90, but we didn't do much at all except chores and reading our books and some magazines we got in the mail yesterday.  Nice to have a slow day for a change.

The fire to the north of us near Lake Chelan started up again and we can see the smoke from it.  I really feel for the fire fighters in this hot, dry weather. 

Still trying to get all my family history documents and photos organized and scanned in.  I found some of my Grandmother's books she used for teaching dating back to 1917 that I will take to the museum in Spokane Valley.  Nene and I want to stop in for a visit on our way back from Idaho.

Larry and Elsie's well is getting low on water.  They have been using a lot this summer with their extended garden and blueberries.

We watched TransAmerica this evening.  What a great movie!

Sunday 8/2. It was 74 with a light haze this morning.  When I went out to feed the girls, I saw that some critter had tried to get into the hen house during the night.  The dogs were very interested and sniffing all around.  May have been a skunk or a weasel.

We have a frog under the house again, serenading us in its croaky way.

The hoards of birds are gone, with just a small flock left.  Larry said it is the same way at their place, which is great for the blueberries that are still ripening.  While the number of small birds may have dwindled, we have had grouse wandering through our yard for the last several days.  It got to the point yesterday that Dinga just watched a couple from inside the house and didn't even want to go chase them!

We watched the movie Always, which is one of our favorites.

Monday 8/3. It is 68 and partly cloudy this morning with a light breeze.  Going to be on our way as soon as possible to take JB's Jeep in for some work.

Thought for the day: Adversity is often the buffer that puts a shine on your faith. Ruth F. Weaver, Guideposts reader

No comments:

Post a Comment