Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 10, 2016 Slowly Warming & Melting

A flannel sheet drying
out in the winter sun.



Monday 2/8. It was another beautiful day on the mountain with a high of 43.  The sun shone brightly and the snow is obviously, but slowly, melting.  So nice that I hung a couple sheets outside to dry.  Oh, I have missed that incredibly fresh smell!

I vacuumed today and sucked up only a little over one canister full of dirt and dog hair.  The very first time I used my new vacuum, I ended up with a full canister four times!  The second time, I ended up filling it a little over two times.  With the other two vacuums I have had Up Here, I must have been just taking off the top layer of the dirt and moving the rest around. . .

I shoveled snow off the battery and wood shed roofs to relieve them of some of the weight.  And, at the same time, take off some of my weight. . .

Tuesday 2/9. It was 30 and another beautiful morning.  Some of the stumps are beginning to re-appear, and we can actually see some small areas of ground on the south slope down from the south ridge.  I am sure it will be at least another month before we see any ground on our north slope where we live.  All the paths are at least six to 12 inches above the ground, and they will be the last areas to melt.

My shoveling project for today was the hen house/run roof.  Using the small shovel, I got quite a bit cleared off and it was not physically tiring.  I had to take my coat off because the sun was so warm.  Our high for the day was 48!

Since all the snow has melted off the porch, I have been putting a bed out there for Dinga during the day and she loves it.  Even when the temperature is in the low 30's, she is out there.  She even took a bone out there to chew on today.

Talked to Randy and he is enjoying the sun also.  His SUV is fixed, so he has been to town a couple times in the past few days.  He is much more social than I am. . .

Wednesday 2/10. It is 32 and overcast this morning.  Another melty day.

Thought for the day: Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.  Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.  Rumi


No comments:

Post a Comment