Friday, February 12, 2016

February 12, 2016 A Warming Trend With Rain

JB and the dogs on their
morning walk.
How the snow has weighted
down the roof of the wood shed.











Wednesday 2/10. Our frog is serenading us again.  It is so odd that he has been doing this off and on all winter long.  Just cracks me up every time I hear him.

This was a very domestic day for me: washing dishes, hanging laundry, baking bread.  Two loaves and four rolls that turned out excellent!  But then I had to dig out one of our ladders that was laying next to the house on the north side.  I could see it, but I still had to dig through three feet of snow and ice - mainly ice - to get it out.  The last big chunk of snow from the west peak of the roof slid off a couple days ago and took the cap off the air pipe to the toilet.  So after digging out the ladder, I had to lift it up on the deck so I could use it to climb up and put the cap back on.  Fortunately the pipe runs down through the wall, so it is just two feet in from the edge of the roof.

I am still doing all the physical work Up Here as I will not let JB doing anything he cannot do with one hand.  He over did it twice and paid the price.

In talking to Larry this evening, he is hopeful that he and Elsie will be able to drive up in the Snocat this weekend.  With the snow so heavy and wet, don't know how much he will be able to plow, but we should be able to get MAX, or possibly Miss Kitty, down to their place and my Jeep on Monday.

Our high for the day was 48, and it was still 40 when we checked at 10:00 pm.

Still watching and enjoying the eighth season of Bones.

Thursday 2/11. It was a warm 36 and overcast this morning.  A short rain squall passed through at about 9:00 am.  The sky remained heavily overcast and by 3:00 pm we had heavy rain that continued until after 7:00 pm.  Our high for the day was 40.

I finished a book by Dean Koontz today, The Good Guy.  So very good!  I love the way he writes, and always about incredible good against incredible evil.  Then I started one by John Connelly, The Black Angel.  Looks to be a dark one.

Things are really melting now, as the temp has not been down to freezing for about 48 hours.  I worked on shoveling off the roof of the wood shed, and all the snow left on it should be able to slide right off.  Also took off as much snow as I could reach from the recycle shed roof, which was only about a foot in.

The girls gave us an egg today, but it looked as though it had been stepped on before it completely hardened.  Had to throw it away.  That hurt.

Colder temps are forecast for the weekend.  If they arrive, everything will be a sheet of ice.

Friday 2/12. It is 34 and foggy this morning.  I thought all that rain would have made a bigger difference in the snow than it did.  It will be interesting to see how it is walking around in it.

Thought for the day: Too many folks go through life running from something that isn't after them.


No comments:

Post a Comment