Saturday, February 27, 2016

February 27, 2016 My Colon Gets A Clean Bill of Health

The snow is slowly melting, but we
still have 1 to 2 feet in most areas.



Wednesday 2/24. When I let the dogs out at 4:30 am, Jesse decided to go on an adventure and still wasn't back by 5:30.  JB was very upset with him, so he took his pistol out on the porch and fired off a round.  Within five minutes, Jesse was at the front door.  Rather an expensive way to call him, but it always works.

After feeding the girls and dogs, I went back to bed until 11:00 am.  A good way to pass the time.  Then I spent the rest of the day sorting photos, drinking water and trying not to think of food.  Still subsisting on eggs for breakfast, then Ritz crackers with peanut butter or cheese for the rest of the day.  Having done this before, I know that the less I eat, the easier it will be.

JB worked on organizing his Magic cards and inputting the info into his computer, as he has for the past couple days.

Now that the snow is melting, we can see that the weight of it has broken several railings on the fence.  Will have to replace them, but at least it is good fire wood.

Our high for the day was 38.

Thursday 2/25. It was 30 and clear this morning.  This is my clear liquid day, so before noon we went out to change a fuse in Miss Kitty for the windshield wiper.  I had to do it as JB still cannot use his left hand much (and I won't let him).  The fuse is not easy to reach and I had to lay on my back on Miss Kitty's floor.  I could not figure out how to get both hands up into the small space, and got to laughing so hard I almost wasn't able to do it at all.  I was finally able to do it with one hand, with still no clue how JB gets them both up there.

The birds are coming back with the warming weather.  I heard the song of one that hadn't been here since last fall.  In the almost eight years we have been Up Here, I have not been able to identify the kind of bird it is.

The girls gave us two eggs today!  Two jumbo eggs.  They must be celebrating the longer days and warmer temps.  Our high for today was 40.

At 4:00 pm I had to start drinking the three quarts of special liquid to clean me out.  It might as well have been three gallons.  Not a fun evening.  I put a CD in my portable player, put the earplugs in my ears, and just tried not to think about it.  Then slept on the couch til about 2:00 am.

Friday 2/26. It was 34 and partly cloudy this morning.  I got up at 6:00 am to drink the final four cups of the lovely liquid.  That wasn't bad at all.  I was just so very glad that yesterday was over.

We left for Down There a little after 9:00 am in Miss Kitty and had a very nice ride.  Took us about 40 minutes to get to Larry and Elsie's.  The road is still ice and snow all the way down till just before their place.  

I arrived at the hospital 45 minutes early, but the 10:00 appointment was a no show, so I was able to go right in.  By noon I was all done and JB was there to pick me up.  The doctor gave my colon a clean bill of health, with the comment that the medical community still has no clue as to what causes diverticulitis to act up.  Didn't care at that point.  I was all done.  Woo Hoo!!

JB and I went to a restaurant for lunch to celebrate.  Don't think we have done that for four years or more.  I ordered a chicken, avocado, bacon sandwich.  When I swallowed that first delicious bite, my stomach said, "Ooooh, what was that?  Do it again!"  So I did.

JB had done some grocery shopping while I was having the procedure, but didn't have time to finish.  So I got a latte (nectar of the gods), then we went to Fred Meyer, the post office, and were on our way home.

The girls gave us another egg today.  Wow, two days in a row.  Our high temp was 37.

Didn't realize how uptight I had become over this whole colonoscopy issue until it was over, but I am done!!  Time to get on with life.

Saturday 2/27. It is 37 and mostly clear this morning.  A wonderful day.

Thought for the day: Change your attitude.  Change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment