Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016 A Cold Weekend

Saturday's egg on the left, next to
Thursday's egg.



Friday 2/19. I found it very interesting that there were no comments on my posting for this morning.  My Aunt, however, did send her response to me via email: "Sit down and have another cup of coffee before you have a stroke! There is nothing you can do about it."  She is probably quite right, but I just couldn't keep quiet about the situation.  I figure if I brought just one person to their senses, or made them think about it a little, then I did some good.  At least Sandy, Larry and Elsie liked it.

It was 30 and snowing this morning.  We ended up getting two more inches and most of the bare ground is white again.  The berm on the south side of the house has finally sunk below the bathroom windowsill.  Our high for the day was 36.  

We watched the movie Frozen last night, and began watching the third season of Elementary this evening.

Saturday 2/20. It was 28 and clear this morning.  After feeding the girls and dogs, I went back to bed to try and get rid of another sinus headache.  This is really getting old. . .

The door handle on our front door needed to be replaced as it has become loose.  In fact, the pressure from the wind last Sunday actually blew it open and I had to keep it closed with a bungie cord.  Then about 3:00 this morning, Dinga started going balistic and we discovered that the door had blown open (no bungie cord being used.)  On Monday I had purchased a new handle and we installed it today.  Not an easy job as one of the screws on the old one was stripped, so JB had to use his drill to get the head of it off.  But before he could do that, we had to charge the battery to his drill.  Because of the inverter that we have for the house, we cannot charge any kind of battery off the house electricity, so we had to start up the shop generator to do that.  Finally got the job done, so I think we are good.

With these cold nights, the snow has frozen so that we and the dogs can walk on top of most of it.  The dogs are delighted, as this allows them to go almost anywhere.  In many places the paths are higher than the snow next to them.

The girls gave us a very tiny egg today (see photo above).  Not sure who did that or why.  Our nephew's comment upon seeing the photo was: Just proof that no one works hard on the weekend!

I finished another book today, Twelfth Card by Jeffery Deaver.  Excellent!

Sunday 2/21. It was 23 and overcast this morning, but it cleared up a bit mid afternoon and we had some sunshine.

Went to start MAX and discovered some more issues, so I am going to once again cancel my appointment on 2/26 for a colonoscopy.  It's not that we can't get Down There.  It's that we may not be able to on a specific day.  This time I am going to make the appointment for the end of April.

It really was a beautiful day, with a high of 38.  But these last few days, I am pretty sure that the high for the day has only been for a few minutes or so.  And because we have light so much longer now, we have more power, even if it is cloudy.

Monday 2/22. It is 28 with mostly clear skies this morning, with forecast for a fairly nice week.

Thought for the day: I just can't do adult today.


No comments:

Post a Comment