Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 16, 2016 New Uses For Coconut Oil & Denture Cleanser

The dogs on the north ridge on our
Tuesday afternoon walk.
My garden signs are finally
re-appearing.











Monday 3/14. The generator started right up this morning.  Must have been an air bubble in the fuel line. 

It was a good trip driving Down There.  Our road and the main canyon road were fine for going down, I just wondered at the time what it was going to be like driving back up.  The stores were fairly empty, except for the post office.  Most of them have flowers for sale now.  Would love to buy some, but it is still winter at our house!  When I arrived back at Larry and Elsie's, I noticed that Miss Kitty had a rear flat tire.  Fortunately they have Monday off, so Larry filled the tired with his air compressor and I was on my way.  I arrived home about 3:00 pm with lots of groceries, mail and newspapers.

I saw a suggestion on-line for using coconut oil to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth.  In addition to everything else, it is a natural anti-bacterial.  So I have been doing that for the past couple days and really like it.  I had been looking for a mouth rinse without fluride, so this is perfect.  Mouthwash seems to fade after about 1/2 hour, but I never get a sour taste later after rinsing with coconut oil.  My mouth always feels clean.  I really like it!

The girls have made three nests in the straw on the floor of their hen house, these in addition to their four nesting boxes.  I have been checking all seven nests for eggs and it is a good thing, too, as today's egg was in one of the three on the floor where they had never laid before.

Our high for the day Up Here was just 36 and the wind continued to blow all day, as it had Down There.  Still blowing by the time we went to bed after watching ExMachina.  A very interesting movie.

Tuesday 3/15. The Ides of March began with a chilly 26 and overcast sky.  The wind finally blew itself out some time early in the morning, but it was a very cold day, even with a high of 40.

Still had papers and magazines to finish reading with breakfast.  And I do enjoy that.

Kept busy with indoor chores.  We have about another day's worth of wood on the porch, so those two short rows lasted almost three weeks.  Will go back to getting wood from the shed.  JB grilled our last two salmon fillets from our neighbors for dinner.

I received an email a while back with a list of household hints and shortcuts, one of which was to use denture cleanser tablets to clean the toilet.  Just put two in the bowl before you go to bed and let them sit overnight.  It really works!  No more scrubbing or toxic cleanser.

The girls gave us another egg today, laid in the same nest as yesterday.

Blue sky had appeared by noon and we had lots of sunshine, giving us lots of power.

Wednesday 3/16. It is a beautiful clear morning with a temp of 33.  Looks like I will be vacuuming today, among other things.

Thought for the day: Gratitude helps us see what there is, instead of what isn't.  Sign seen on a church

No comments:

Post a Comment