Friday, March 4, 2016

March 4, 2016 More Snow & A Trip Down There

Mt. Baker peeking through the clouds
(on the right) Wednesday afternoon.




Wednesday 3/2. We had actually received another 2-1/2" of snow in the past 24 hours.  That's 4-1/2" in two days.  Good ol' March, roaring in like a lion.  I just hope it remembers to go out like a lamb.

When living off the grid, most sunny mornings are busy mornings, especially in the winter when there are less of them.  This morning was spent vacuuming the floors and vacuum sealing food for the freezer.  Good thing I got those chores done early because by noon the sky was almost overcast, but snow continued to slough off the roof and snow bombs continued to fall from the trees.  Our high for the day was 40.

I have discovered three internet sites that I really enjoy: pawsmygosh.com (animals), healthy-holistic-living.com (nutrition), and familylifegoals.com (nutrition).  Am learning a lot about what great super-foods ginger and tumeric are.

The girls continue to give us eggs every day and today we got two.  They gave us 19 in February.

We watched Indian Jones and The Last Crusade this evening.  One of my all-time favorite moves.

Thursday 3/3. It was 34 and partly cloudy this morning.  I was on my way Down There in Miss Kitty a little before 9:00 am.  No problems on the road and I made really good time.  I had eleven stops to make and was back home a little after 2:00 pm.  Found a couple cute tops, a pair of jeans and a couple books at the thrift store.  Also found the last season of Downton Abbey for $20 at Costco.  It was too warm to wear my jacket in town.  Had to be over 50!

A couple of my magazines had given recipes for "boozy shakes" for St. Patrick's day, one of which used hard root beer.  Just happened to see it at one of the stores, so I picked up a six-pack.  I do believe I have just discovered another favorite.  Will get some ice cream next week when I do the grocery shopping and we'll see how I like a hard root beer float.

Rose Camp got a few rain showers while I was gone and the high for the day was 42.  The girls gave us another egg.

We watched the last Indiana Jones movie this evening, The Crystal Skull, (which was better than I remembered) and will start watching Downton Abbey tomorrow.

Friday 3/4. It is 32 and mostly cloudy this morning with rain in the forecast for the next week.  Looks to be a long mud season.

Thought for the day: It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.  Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment