Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March 2, 2016 In Like A Lion

Small kitty (bobcat?) tracks on the
south ridge a couple weeks ago.



Monday 2/29. Did laundry today and hung two of JB's shirts outside.  They didn't get completely dry, but they sure did smell good.

I have wanted to use fresh lemon juice in my drinking water for some time now, but buying a few lemons at a time just doesn't cut it Up Here.  I saw a remedy for that on line and tried it today.  I had JB buy a bag of lemons at Costco last Friday.  Today I quartered each one lengthwise and cut out the pulp, using the tip of the knife to get rid of the seeds.  I put the pulp in the blender and pulsed it on liquefy. Then I poured the juice and pulp into ice-cube trays.  Now every morning I can put a lemon ice-cube in my water.  And the juice will not go bad.  It works perfectly!  I saved all the lemon peels to dry and use in recipes.

If the weather goes as predicted, I may be able to go Down There on Thursday.  This trip will a leisurely day of several short errands.  Then I will go down next week for a big grocery shopping.

The sun shone most of the day and our high was 42.  The girls gave us one egg.

We watched Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark this evening, and plan to watch next three Indiana Jones' movies during the next three nights.

Tuesday 3/1. It was 30 and we were fogged in this morning with 2" of new snow on the ground.  By 11:00 am it was snowing again and that lasted for about three hours.  Then the fog rolled back in.  No sun today.  Very dark.  And everything is white again.

JB's wrist is getting much better, but yesterday morning Jesse jumped off the bed and right on to one of JB's toes.  Don't think it's broken, but it is quite bruised.

I sorted photos today and am up to 1993.  Will be so glad when this is done.

The girls gave us one egg today.

The wind picked up late this afternoon and shortly before 5:00 pm it blew in another round of snow, coming in horizontally.  That lasted for about an hour, but the wind stuck around until 9:30, even after it had blown all the clouds away.  Our high for the day was 34.

We watched the second Indiana Jones' movie this evening, Temple of Doom.  I haven't watched that one for years, and now I know why.  Doubt I will ever watch it again.  Our son was in junior high when we first saw it in the theater.  He wasn't feeling too good that day, but we went anyway.  About the time they served the monkey brains, both of us almost lost it and we walked out.

Wednesday 3/2. It is 34 and mostly clear this morning.  The wind picked up again around 2:30 am and Dinga started pacing, so JB spent the rest of the night on the couch.  Looks like we received another inch of snow.

Thought for the day: We don't see things as they are.  We see things as we are.  Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment