Friday, September 16, 2016

September 16, 2016 Time & Seasons Fly By

Cows on the road
Wednesday morning.


Wednesday 9/14. Such an incredible Fall day!  The seasons usually begin before the calendar announces their arrival and this Fall is no exception.  The middle of September already!  At this rate, Christmas will be here in a couple weeks.

I met the cows on the way Down There.  Got all my shopping done and them some.  Just took my time and enjoyed the day.  I went to the dollar store and found six books!  At $1 each, they are even cheaper than the thrift store, and they are brand new.  Also found some napkins with slot machines on them that Nene had been looking for.  Was home around 2:00 pm.  And our high for the day was comfortable 74.

Funny how life changes from day to day, and it usually has to do with our perspective and attitude.  I have learned a lot about perspective living on the mountain.  We have south, west and north facing ridges quite close to our house and they all have completely different views.  You take one step to the left or right and part of the view is hidden behind a tree.  Another step, and there it is.  Just like life.  You have to move, whether physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually, in order to change your perspective, and possibly your attitude.  It's all a part of growing and living.  My Aunt Nene is much better at seeing, understanding and accepting other people's perspective than I am.  I just don't have the patience to be around those whose presence I don't enjoy.  Whose perspective is so opposite of mine.

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy this evening for the umpteenth time.  Still love it just as much as the first time.

Thursday 9/15. It was 57 and clear this morning with possible rain in the forecast for next week.  JB will be home on Saturday and he may have a wet ride over the mountains.

Today I just puttered around the house cleaning, sorting and doing laundry.  Started one of my new books.  Took a nap.  It was another wonderful day with a high of 73.

On our afternoon walk, up on the south ridge, I heard a rattle snake but couldn't find it.  Then later, while watering the tomatoes (all that's left in the garden), I saw a good-sized green racer.  They must be out enjoying the last of the warm weather.

I haven't put water in the bird bath for a couple weeks now, as it attracts a lot more yellow jackets than birds.  The wasps usually swarm around mid September and I have been seeing a few more each day.  Lovely.

Friday 9/16. It is 57 with a few thin clouds about.  My project for today will be to clean out the hen house and pen, and lay down new shavings and straw.  A semi-annual event.

Thought for the day: Life is an occasion.  Rise to it.  Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment