Friday, September 2, 2016

September 2, 2016 Frogs, Double Yolks & Snow On the Mountains

Odd cloud formation off
the south ridge this week.

Elsie's pretty
Black-eyed Susans.











Wednesday 8/31. A busy inside day.  Had to get mail ready for two very important birthdays next week.  Bob's Mother turns 95 and Mike turns 18.  It is times like this that make me wish we lived a little closer to Seattle.

After lunch I baked cookies for Sunday.  My World Famous Rose Camp Gluten-free Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip cookies.  The recipe makes ten dozen, so this project always keeps me busy for a while.  It calls for four eggs and I used three brown and one white.  All three brown eggs had double yolks!  Going to be a lot of protein in those cookies. . .

We have at least two very vocal frogs under our house right now.  They often serenade us, and usually in a duet.

Men from the new propane store were up today to do a leak check on our tank, which is required by their insurance before they can deliver to us.  The delivery should be mid-September.

Wow!  The end of August already, and our high for the day was 76.  By the looks of things, it's pretty much the end of our summer weather.  When summer is over, I always wonder where it went.  Whereas winter's end comes as no surprise.  I always know exactly where it went, and am usually waving goodbye.  Not that I dislike winter, but it often lasts from late October to early April, and enough is enough.

The girls gave us 70 eggs in August!  We usually have at least two dozen eggs in the refrigerator at any given time.

Thursday 9/1. It was 50 and partly cloudy with a breeze this first day of September.  JB was on his way Down There before 8:00 am for a follow-up appointment with his doctor about his elbow, and of course to run some errands.

By 9:30, when I hung the laundry out, the sky was overcast and it was still fairly chilly.  Our high for the day was just 66, and I think that was when the sun peeked through the clouds once.  JB was home around noon, and by our 3:30 walk we could see snow laying a blanket of white on the mountains.  NOAH is calling for rain this weekend, but even if it is dry, it is going to be cool.

We have had a lot of deer around in the past week or so.  And possible a bear, they way the dogs have been acting.

Friday 9/2. It is 46 with mostly clear skies this morning.  I will be on my way Down There this morning to do shopping for the BBQ.

Thought for the day: I can't believe how old people my age are!  (See on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment