Friday, September 23, 2016

September 23, 2016 Splitting & Stacking Fire Wood on the Porch

More wood on the
porch.



Wednesday 9/21. I split two of the last three rounds.  The third one was still way too wet to do anything with.  I'll split it in the Spring.  Took another load of too-long wood to the shop and one load to the porch.  We used the chop saw to cut half of the long wood and took it in two loads to the porch and stacked it all.

Of course, all this was after washing the dishes.  I don't really mind doing the dishes by hand, it's just that it takes up time that I could be doing something else. . .

JB finished re-wiring the trailer.  Now it is better than ever.  We will make our Fall garbage run when I return from visiting Nene.

Our propane was delivered today by the new company.  We took exactly 500 gallons, which is about average.  Our propane refrigerator is what really sucks it up.

I am a real breadaholic, but gluten really does me in if I have it more than once a week.  So I bought some corn tortillas at Costco (there's probably 1000 in that double bag!).  Now I just fry a couple up in olive oil my small cast iron pan, add some butter and cinnamon sugar or melt cheese on them, and I am good to go.  JB's homemade gluten-free bread is wonderful, but we would be going through the two loaves he makes in two or three days if I ate as much as I would like.

We had quite a cloud-burst a little before 9:00 pm that lasted about twenty minutes.  More would have been nice, but even this was great.  It cleared the air and tamped down the dust.

Thursday 9/22.  The actual first day of Fall began with a temp of 44 and mostly clear skies.  RJ came up for breakfast and JB made German pancakes.  Yum!  

We finished cutting the long wood with the chop saw and took two tractor bucket loads to the porch and stacked it.  So now we are about 2/3's done with those two rows.  We usually don't even start putting wood on the porch until around the first of October, so we are way ahead of the game this year.

JB also used the tractor to move two benches back to the south ridge that we had brought down for the BBQ.  We also brought back a big bucket load of wood.  The wood cradle is full again, so I may cut that on Saturday.

Dark clouds moved in during the afternoon, and by our 3:30 pm walk the sky was almost overcast.  Our high for the day was 65.

Friday 9/23. It is 44 and overcast this morning.  Might be a wet day Down There.

Thought for the day: I think, therefore I've had my coffee.  Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment