Friday, January 27, 2017

January 27, 2017 Warming Up

After shoveling off the back
of the wood shed roof.

Looking up to the peak
on the south ridge.














Wednesday 1/25. After feeding the girls and dogs, we both went back to bed for about an hour.  We haven't set the alarm for more than a week now, but between our bladders, our emotions, and the dogs, we have not been sleeping that well.

After lunch JB went out to try something else with the snowblower (that didn't work).  I worked on shoveling of a couple feet of snow off the woodshed roof all along the back.  It didn't take too long but sure gave me a good workout.

Another grey day, with a high of 34.  Nothing is obviously melting, but the snow is getting heavier.

We watched Hidalgo this evening.  I have to take back what I said about Guardians of the Galaxy being my all-time favorite movie.  It actually ties with Hidalgo, and they are about as different as two movies can get.

Thursday 1/26. It was 30 and overcast this morning with a slice of blue on the western horizon.  That slice soon grew, and we had sunshine.  It was just a teaser though, as more clouds soon moved in and the sun soon disappeared.  Our high for the day was 34.  It has been a very gray winter so far.

Amazing what a good night's sleep can do for one's attitude and general well-being!

It was an inside, catch-our-breath day.  JB was on his computer, read his book, and napped.  I made some get-well cards for Nene that I will give to Elsie to mail one at a time.  Of course, even on a mostly inside day, we take the dogs for walks, feed the girls and gather their eggs, and I bring in fire wood.  I finished the fourth row today.  We have two and 5/6 rows left in the wood shed, along with three rows of kindling, plus all the wood on the porch.  Not running short.

I am really appalled at all the "fake news" lately.  It is a sad state of affairs that such a phrase could even exist.  Journalists are getting as bad as lawyers. . .

Friday 1/27. It is 24 this morning and we are fogged in.

Thought for the day: I remember somebody telling me they had been to Africa, and they were asking the local tribe about their spirituality. The tribesman couldn't make sense of the word.  And so the visitor kept trying to explain what they meant by spirituality, and finally the man said, "Oh, we call that life."

No comments:

Post a Comment