Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June 14, 2017 More Slicing, Dicing & Stacking

Tuesday night's sunset.
One of the girls must
have thought it was Easter.
Sunflowers are blooming now.














Monday 6/12. JB found a mouse in the trap in the bathroom this morning after he got out of his shower.  He was on his way Down There by 8:45 am.  It seems my Jeep needs two tie rods replaced in the front, but the shop had only one in stock, so we have another appointment on Thursday.  While he was gone I got around to more of the little things I keep putting off.

JB was home by 12:30 pm and after lunch he sliced half of the logs into rounds.  Took them to the splitter in the tractor so I could dice them, which I did.  While I did that, JB worked on Miss Kitty, as the parts had arrived in the mail.  Two of the parts did not fit even though he ordered them right off the drawings.  After dinner I did some weeding around the plants in tubs trying to get rid of hiding places for snakes. . .

The sunflowers are blooming now, and in places I have never seen them before.  The yellow salsify, yarrow, and red clover are also popping up.  So many shapes, sizes and shades of yellow, purple, lavender, pink, red, orange and white!

The wind blew all day, gusting to 18 mph.  Our high for the day was 70.

Tuesday 6/13. It was 44, partly cloudy and still windy this morning.  A very cold wind.

We wanted to slice the rest of the logs and split them today, but the chainsaw decided it was just too tired and wouldn't start.  So JB moved the wood I split yesterday to the wood shed, where I stacked it.

Then we hooked the trailer to his Jeep and drove down to load up all the branch wood from the tree JB cut down.  We unloaded it by the wood cradle and I broke all the ones I could into kindling and stacked them in the shed.  

I did some more weeding and found a sick or wounded bird sitting by the bird bath.  Got a small box in which I put some grass and then the bird.  Unfortunately it didn't survive the afternoon.  At least it was out of the wind and warm.

The wind continued to blow all day, although not quite as strong as yesterday, and our high for the day was 64.

My nephew graduates from high school on Saturday, so I am leaving Friday morning to go visit my Aunt Nene and spend the night with her.  Then Saturday morning I will leave for the graduation and spend the night with my brother.  They are having a party on Sunday at the beach, after which I will either drive home or spend another night there.  It all depends on my jury duty summons. . 

Wednesday 6/14. It is 42 with a thin overcast and a light wind.  I am going Down There this morning for some groceries and ice.  It's payday.

Thought for the day: People need to quite expecting normal from me.  It's just not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment