Friday, June 30, 2017

June 30, 2017 Ready for a Holiday Weekend

JB moving the rock
off the road.



Wednesday 6/28. JB was on his way Down There at 8:15 am with the trailer loaded with recycle and empty gas cans.  My brother arrived at 8:45 and we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and visit.

I had planned to get a lot of splitting done when he left.  After about 8 or 9 rounds, the hydraulic hose burst spilling hydraulic fluid everywhere!  That hose should have been replaced a couple years ago. . .

After cleaning up and putting my jeans in a pan of water and soap to soak, I spent the rest of the day doing a lot a little things that needed to be done, including stacking the wood I had split.

JB was home by 2:00 with a load of gas and ice.  Glad to be back up on the mountain, as it was getting hot Down There.  Our high for the day was 77.

Thursday 6/29. It was 52 and clear this morning.  We all hopped into JB's Jeep first thing and drove down to move a large rock that JB had encountered on the road yesterday.  I actually got to ride this time, with Jesse on my lap. . .

Back home JB mowed with the tractor for several hours.  I baked cookies and did my semi-annual dusting, among other things.  Getting ready for our weekend guests.  One of JB's nephews and his girlfriend will be up for Saturday and Sunday.  JB's brothers and sisters-in-law will arrive on Monday and stay the night.  Really looking forward to everyone's visit and some down time.

Larry and Elsie drove up to bring me the four-wheeler to use this evening.  They are going to a lake for the four-day weekend and I will be going down to their place twice a day to water and feed the chickens and cats.

Friday 6/30. It is 60 and clear on this last day of June.  I am going Down There to grocery shop for the weekend and buy a new hose for the splitter.  Supposed to be a hot one today, but back to normal temps for the next few days.

Thought for the day: When you are feeling blue, try painting yourself a different color.  Guideposts, July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment