Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 20, 2017 A Great Weekend & No Jury Duty


Wild roses, lupine & paintbrush
along our road.


Friday 6/16. I was off to my Aunt Nene's as planned and had a good drive over.  She always spoils me, which is very nice, but she rarely lets me win the most Skip-Bo games.

When I called for jury duty information, I was told that I did NOT have to report on Monday!  Woo Hoo!

Saturday 6/17. I left Port Orchard at 10:00 am for Kent and the traffic was horrific.  Still had plenty of time to visit before the graduation ceremony.  Got teary-eyed when the band started playing Pomp & Circumstance, but the graduation of the more than 400 seniors was very well done.  We went out to dinner afterwards, reminiscing and offering advice to the graduate for his college days.

Sunday 6/18. We were up early to get packed up and out to the park on the lake for the graduation party/barbecue.  So much good food!  Took lots of photos.  Had lots of fun.  The forecast blue skies never appeared until we were ready to leave, but it was a very pleasant day.

Back to their house where we ate more.  Talked more.  And watched some movies.

A great time during which I made new friends and got re-acquainted with a couple family members.

Monday 6/19. Left for home around 9:30 am after filling the car up with gas; buying a latte; and visiting Trader Joe's.  Was home to sunny skies by 1:00 pm, and our high for the day was 76.

Most of the rose bushes along our road are blooming now.  For about 90% of the drive, you are surrounded by lupine and/or roses, plus paintbrush, yarrow and a few surviving balsam root.  Wow!

Tuesday 6/20. This first morning of summer is 60 with mostly clear skies and a breeze.  Supposed to be a hot one today.

Thought for the day: My how time flies. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment