Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2018 Snow & Relaxing Winter Days

My custard pie from such an
easy recipe!



Friday 1/19. The snow has frozen again, so the dogs can walk and run over the top of it leaving barely an inch indentation.

Just a nice quiet day on the mountain.

Saturday 1/20. It was 28 and mostly cloudy with a brisk breeze this morning that blew all day.

JB used the tractor to move some snow from where we park MAX and Miss Kitty, and level it off.  I knew I had to get some sorting and throwing done, so I started with one of my desk drawers.  Where in the world did half this crap come from?!

I was looking through one of my cookbooks and found a recipe we like but I haven't made for years.  It takes a while and uses two pots, a frying pan, a large bowl and a casserole dish, but it is worth the effort.

Ominous-looking black clouds were coming in from the southwest late this afternoon.  Our high for the day was 34.

Sunday 1/21. It was 30 this morning and started snowing heavily a little before 7:00 am.  By 11:00 am we had received an inch.  Snow kept falling off and on all day, but we barely got another 1/4".  Then about 4:00 pm, heavy snow moved in again, so we will see what the morning brings.

I found an incredibly easy recipe for custard pie in an old cookbook I had found at the thrift shop.  I love custard!  I could eat it every day and not tire of it.  So I made the pie and it turned out great.  All ingredients are mixed in a blender, which includes Bisquick.  Turns out the Bisquick settles to the bottom and sides, creating a lovely crust.  I'm quite sure I will be making this often.

Another quiet, inside day, with a high of 34.

Monday 1/22. This morning the temperature is 29 with partly cloudy skies and a breeze gusting to 10 mph.  Less than 1/4" of new snow.

Thought for the day: Go forth under the open sky and listen to Nature's teachings. William Cullen Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment