Monday, January 8, 2018

January 8, 2018 Warmer Weather & Another Trip Down There

JB moving snow with the tractor
on Saturday.


Friday 1/5. By noon, valley fog had quickly formed and climbed up to Rose Camp.  It rolled in and out for the next several hours, like waves on the shore.

I spent part of the day finally doing two years' worth of filing, which is an indication of how much our necessary paperwork has shrunk since 2008.  And thank goodness!

Several times and in various places over the past few years, I have read that honey and cinnamon are very good for reducing the aches and pains of arthritis.  I finally decided to try it for myself.  For the past week I have been drinking green tea with two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon,  and I do believe it is working.  The constant ache is gone, so now I am going to halve the dose of glucosamine I have been taking for joint pain.  We'll see how that works.

In talking to Larry this evening, we learned that sleet and frozen rain had been falling at their house most of the day.  Interesting.  I doubt we will ever figure out how the weather works in the canyon.  Our high for the day was 30.

We finished watching the third season of Game of Thrones and will start the fourth tomorrow.

Saturday 1/6. It was 30 and mostly clear with a light breeze this morning and low valley fog.  Some critter was Up Here around 4:00 am and driving the dogs nuts.  JB let them out and in and out and in and out. . . and ended staying up til I got out of bed at 7:30.  Needless to say, as soon as I was up, he went back to bed for a couple hours.

I noticed a cut under Dinga's left eye.  Not too bad, but I cleaned it up.  When we all went on the morning walk, we discovered two patches of blood on the south ridge.  Looks as though she gave better than she got.  Jesse was unscathed.

With the snow that is on the ground, it is difficult to identify tracks.  There is quite a crust on top with powder beneath.  We can only think that the critter was a small cat of some kind.

After lunch we pumped up the one back tire on the tractor that had gone flat again.  Then JB cleaned up some of the snow out front, pushing it across the driveway.  He was quite disappointed that he couldn't find anything else to use it for. . .

It was a warm day with a few thin clouds and a high of 36.

Sunday 1/7. It was 30 and overcast this morning.  Because we still haven't received any more snow, I wanted to go Down There today, but wasn't sure about the last mile of road.  I got all ready to go, then called Larry at 9:30 am to see how it was when they went to work.  Not nearly as slick as it was yesterday, so I was on my way in Miss Kitty a little after 10:00.  

I bought the few items on my list, stopped in to chat with Larry and Elsie, and was back home a little before 3:00 pm.  By 4:00 snow was falling.  Talk about perfect timing!

I made my New Year's resolution to take a photo every Sunday from the north ridge, as I never go to town on Sundays.  So, of course, the first Sunday in January I go Down There. . .  I did remember to take a photo when I got home, though.

Our high for the day was 33, which had dropped to 30 when the snow began.  But all is well and we are set for another couple months at least.  Plenty of time to binge on Game of Thrones.

Monday 1/8. It is 26 and overcast with very low clouds this morning.  Looks as though we didn't get more than 1/4" of new snow, if that.

Thought for the day: Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment