Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 3, 2018 Visitors & In The Clouds

Ten more rounds of
fire wood.


Monday 1/1. So far this winter we have received only 30" of snow, which is 6" behind this time last winter.  I had forgotten that we got most of our 11' in January and February!

The girls are doing great, even with all the frigid weather.  They gave us 46 eggs in December.

The Gridders arrived a little later than planned as they had to cut a tree that had fallen across the road.  Thank goodness I suggested to them that they bring a saw just in case of such a situation.  They threw the pieces in their vehicle and brought them up to us.  Ten more rounds of fire wood!  We had a great visit before they had to leave in order to get home before dark.

I really love it when we have visitors.  As many times as I have thought about it, I just could NOT become a hermit.  I have become too social in the past couple years.

We started re-watching season three of Game of Thrones since it has been so long since we have seen it.  Then we will go on to seasons four, five and six that I managed to buy on black Friday for $10 each.  We also started season one of The Americans, but decided to finish Game of Thrones season three first.

Tuesday 1/2. It was 14 this morning and we were fog bound.  Actually, according to NOAA, we were in low clouds.  Either way it all looks and feels the same.  When I wake up and see fog outside, all I want to do is turn over and go back to sleep.

After lunch we went out to scrape the ice off Miss Kitty's windshield and get her ready for my trip Down There tomorrow.  Today is Larry and Elsie's first day of semi retirement, as they will be just working weekends for the next six months, then close their shop all together.  When I told Elsie I was going to town, she wanted to come, too!  So I will drive Miss Kitty down to their place, as usual, then we will take her car.  I want to do this before the snow that is due in on Thursday and for a few days after.

The sun almost managed to break through the clouds while we were outside, but then the clouds moved in even thicker.  Meanwhile, it was sunny and 44 on Mission Ridge, while our high for the day was 20.

Wednesday 1/3. It is 19 this morning and the sky looks to be mostly clear.  I plan to be on my way by 9:30.

Thought for the day: ". . .but Jane knew that, instead, life had too much meaning to process, that every minute of life was rich with meaning, crammed full to the top with meaning.  Some of its meaning was as clear and poignant as a needle in the neck, some of such a joyful nature that your buoyant heart seemed capable of lifting you high among the birds, although much of life's most profound meaning lay beyond her understanding, latent and mysterious."  Dean Koontz, The Whispering Room


No comments:

Post a Comment