Friday, January 26, 2018

January 26, 2018 A Long Trip Down There

Sharing the couch.



Wednesday 1/24. JB was on his way Down There in MAX at about 8:45 am.  He gave me a call when he got to Miss Kitty asking "Where's the key?"  Well, it seems that when we took Miss Kitty down to park her at the main canyon road, I put the key in my jacket pocket instead of under the seat.  And there it remained until he called. . .

So he had to drive MAX all the way down to the Jeep.  The problem with that is that the road has been plowed and well traveled.  MAX doesn't do so well on a hard surface with the tracks on.  It was slow going, but he made it in about 1-1/2 hours total.  Then it was on to his doctor's appointment, where he got a clean bill of health.  He just has to go back one more time in three months.

While he was gone, I hung up the laundry; trudged through our morning walk, cleaning off the solar panels along the way; gave the girls their scratch and got one egg; gave the dogs their morning treat; brought in the firewood; and did the dishes.  Also took a short nap and read my book.  And folded the laundry.

I looked out the window around 11:00 am and big flakes were slowly drifting down.  They kept on coming til around 3:00 pm, but we only got about another 1/4".  

JB arrived home about 3:15 pm, very tired but feeling good about what the doctor had to say.

Our high for the day was 33.

Thursday 1/25. It was 23 and partly cloudy this morning.  We enjoyed a relaxing morning reading the papers and magazines that JB brought up yesterday.

The blue sky soon disappeared and a light snow moved in around 11:00 am and kept coming til about 3:00, just like yesterday.  And, once again, we only received about another 1/4".  The dogs and I enjoyed sunshine on our afternoon walk, but around 4:30 a strong wind came threw, chasing any clouds away and blowing snow off the trees.  Our high for the day was 30.

I have really been into cooking lately, and today, just for fun, I tried a sweet-and-sour spam casserole recipe that I found in an old school cookbook from 1970.  It was surprisingly tasty!  When I was growing up, spam was a necessity when going camping.  And my Dad liked it fried for breakfast instead of bacon.

Friday 1/26. The sky is mostly clear this morning except for in the west where there is a big wall of snow moving in.  The temp is 26 with a wind gusting to 17 mph.  

Thought for the day: Yes, I have OCD - I am old, cranky and dangerous.


No comments:

Post a Comment