Friday, January 5, 2018

January 5, 2018 A Trip Down There

Weighted down by
the ice.
Looking north to the Columbia
River on Thursday.



Wednesday 1/3. I was on my way down to Elsie's by 9:30 am.  We had a great time together and got everything we needed at all the same places.  Well, I didn't need to go to the Dollar Tree, but Elsie did.  So, obviously, I had to pick up a few books and a couple other items.  We were back to her house by 2:00 pm and I was home by 3:00 pm.  She is so tickled to be almost retired and I am tickled that we can go to town together in the middle of the week!

It was a beautiful and clear but cold day, with a high Up Here of 26.

Thursday 1/4. It was 24 and mostly overcast this morning, but the few small patches of blue sky soon disappeared.  I got up at 7:30 am; fed the animals; went back to bed at 8:00 for another hour of sleep.  My, that was nice. . .

Not really sure where the rest of the day went.  I finished my Dean Koontz book and did chores.  JB made a large pot of pulled pork from thick chops I bought at Costco yesterday.  It has to cook for three hours, and is so very delicious.

There were new deer tracks this morning coming up from the road to the north ridge, up our path to the driveway, and along both roads to the south ridge.  They seem to appreciate our snow-blowing.

Light sleet fell on and off during the afternoon.  The day ended as it had begun, mostly overcast with a few blue patches.  Our high for the day was 28.

Friday 1/5. It is 26 with a thick overcast this morning.  Perhaps we will finally receive the forecast snow today.

Thought for the day: Live your life and forget your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment