Wednesday, April 11, 2018

April 11, 2018 A Trip Down There & A Full Cistern

Looking north down to the house -
very little snow left.
The first balsam root has popped up
on the south ridge!













Monday 4/9. I was on my way Down There before 9:00 am.  Our road still has a lot of snow and ice, although the bare areas have definitely increased.  The main canyon road is 95% bare, and the wind had dried them both out so there was really no mud.  It was a beautiful, warm day.  Another confirmation of Spring.

At Verizon the person from whom I purchased the tablet was not in, so I was waited upon by a snarky young "lady".  I managed to return the tablet and not snark back at her, but didn't look at any Iphones either.  Just wanted to get out of there.  Ran my other errands and picked up some groceries.  Back up the canyon, I had a nice chat with Larry and Elsie.  They are seeing the bears almost every day now, and the large flock of turkeys visited them over the weekend.

I was home by 1:30.  JB had pumped some water out of the cistern.  Upon filling the water jugs inside, we realized that the water is run-off leaking in as the water was a bit murky.  So we will start using the water filter.  We definitely have to fix that leak this summer.  Shouldn't be too difficult, as it is coming in by the pipe from the well.

Our high on this gorgeous day was 52.

Tuesday 4/10. it was 36 with a light rain falling this morning.  We had showers drifting in and out most of the day.  The sun peeked through between each one.

JB drained more water out of the cistern this morning.  I am not being as thrifty with its use as I usually am since we are getting more than the cistern can hold.

It was mainly an indoor day, finishing up details from re-arranging the living room.  I love changing things around, but usually it is just pictures on the wall or knick-knacks.

I brought up newspapers yesterday and saved one to read with my morning coffee.  I am a bit of a history buff, so between that and my memories, I do not recall our country being so politically divided since back to the civil war.  It is very sad and frustrating.  I could go into further detail, but then I would just start ranting and getting upset. . .  Let me just say that although the liberals seem to be getting most of the media coverage, I sincerely believe that the majority of the country is more conservative.  Unfortunately, this may lead to a showdown at some point.

The wind blew in around 2:30 pm and cleared out a lot of the clouds.  Our high for the day was 48.

Wednesday 4/11. It is 36 this morning with clear skies, just a few clouds over the mountains.

Thought for the day: Sometimes it hurts physically to hold in my sarcastic comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment