Friday, April 27, 2018

April 27, 2018 A Trip Down There & Delightfully Spring

Blondie enjoying the sun & a dirt bath.
One of the many yellow bouquets
decorating the south slope.
The first shooting stars have
burst into bloom.

Wednesday 4/25. I was on my way Down There by 8:15.  Of course, my first stop was a latte, and then on to get new tires for my Jeep.  An hour and a half later I was on my way, and what a difference!  My next stop was to renew my drivers' license and move up to the enhanced one.  Don't need it until 2020 to get on a plane, but at least now I will have it.

Did some shopping and was home by 2:30 after a visit with Larry and Elsie.  Shortly after I arrived home, Elsie called to say that our neighbor to the south discovered that the dump he had burned a month ago had suddenly flared up. The fire got away from him and Larry was on his way there to help.  I hiked up to the south ridge (in my town shoes) to see if there was any smoke.  I could smell it, but there was no smoke to be seen.  So back down I went to change my shoes and clothes.  Then back up to the peak, but by then I couldn't even smell anything.  They must have got it quickly under control.

It was such an incredible day, with a high Up Here of 66.  Just perfect.

Thursday 4/26. It was 50 and clear this morning.  I am so enjoying these warm Spring days.  Not sure why this winter seemed so long.  It wasn't any more severe or longer than usual, but maybe it was because of all the fog and wind we had.

Didn't need a coat to go out and feed the girls their breakfast today, just my dressing gown over my jammies.  So nice!  The girls are definitely sharing their food and water with some critter(s) - mice, chipmunks?  But we are getting a lot of four-egg days.  Am giving the dogs scrambled eggs with their breakfast.  I split an egg between the two of them and they love it.

We worked on getting the porch arranged for sitting and enjoying.  Still have to get the wash tubs put back into the shop, but we have to wait for the dirt (mud) floor to dry out a bit more.  Also have to find a place and use for the huge cooler we had bought to use when our old refrigerator died.  When we were done moving everything, we did some sitting and enjoying.

Did some other things outside including continuing to clean up from winter's storms.  Lots of little branches to be cleared.

It was another great day, even warmer than yesterday with a high of 67.  Much of the ground is so very GREEN now, and we can barely walk in our small meadow to the south without stepping on alpine spring beauties and yellow bells.  The first shooting stars have bloomed now, also.  And the south slope is decorated with yellow bouquets of balsam root.  I really am in heaven. . .

Friday 4/27. It is 52 with clear skies this morning, but the forecast calls for rain all weekend.  We are going to go on our Spring garbage run this morning.

Thought for the day: One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain. Liz Josefsberg

No comments:

Post a Comment