Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April 4, 2018 A Trip Down There Into Spring

Part of our little herd of deer.



Monday 4/2. We were on our way Down There just before 9:00 am.  More bare ground is showing on our road, but it is still mostly snow and ice.  But Spring has definitely arrived in town, and even the hills are turning green.  The trees and bushes are starting to bloom, as are the daffodils, and just since my last trip there.

Our visit to Verizon turned out to be very positive.  We signed up for more data at just $10 more a month, and I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 for an exceptional price.  I never thought I would want a tablet, but I think it is the way to go now, especially with the computer updates eating up so much data.  It is going to take me a while to learn how to use it though.  I'm no techie, and can soon go into overload mode. . .

We were back home by 2:00 pm, even after a nice visit with Larry and Elsie.  The road was softer, with more mud, on our way back up.  Our high for the day Up Here was 43, but I'm sure it was at least ten degrees warmer in town.

Tuesday 4/3. It was 26 and overcast this morning, but not even a slight breeze.  Amazing how noisy the wind can be, and today was so quiet.  The overcast wasn't too thick, so it was a bright day with the sun finally breaking completely through around 4:00 pm.  Our high for today was only 40.

I took some time to play around with my tablet, but was soon on overload.  I did manage to send a couple emails though.  I'll get there. . .

We can really see the difference in the disappearing snow between our morning and afternoon walks.  I gathered up two more bags of pine needles for fire starter, wanting to get more before the forecast rain arrives.

Had a long talk with our son this evening and, even though my tablet was a really good deal, I may be returning it.  If I buy a smart phone and use that as a hot spot, our monthly bill will be much less expensive with unlimited data.

Tomorrow I will take all my items for the garage sale down to Mrs Gridder's.  Then on Thursday we will be off to Moses Lake for the night.  So I will not blog again until Monday morning.

Wednesday 4/4. It is 30 and overcast this morning with rain and snow in the forecast for the next few days.

Thought for the day: Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us? Justice William O. Douglas


No comments:

Post a Comment