Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 25, 2018 Trespassers & The Scent of Spring

I know there's a critter in here
 somewhere!



Monday 4/23. I sat on the porch with my coffee for the first time this year, just listening to the birds sing and watching the grass grow.  Heaven!

I split some more wood and JB took it all to the wood shed in four tractor-bucket loads.  Also took two loads of kindling off the porch.  I stacked some of the wood, starting the third row with it.

I heard a wren for the first time today, and we saw two humming birds.  I tell them every year that the feeders do not go out until May 1, but they never seem to listen. . .

On our walk, Dinga climbed on top of the brush pile we have up on the south ridge.  The squeals coming from inside the pile lead me to believe that is where some of the rockchucks (what woodchucks are called west of the Rockies) are living.

Well, it seems that along with the dry, warm weather comes trespassers.  I simply to NOT understand people who walk or ride right past "NO Trespassing" and "Private Property" signs.  The Gridders had to deal with two separate trespassers yesterday and one got quite belligerent.  WTF??!!  It's a good thing for both them and me that they did not get up to our property. . .

Today was another incredible Spring day, with a high of 57.

Tuesday 4/24. it was 42 with clear skies this morning.  JB was on his way Down There at 8:30 for an appointment at the pacemaker clinic for a regular check up.  He also had a few other errands to run and had to fill up all our gas cans.

I just slowly eased into the morning.  Did the dishes, sat on the porch, then did a thorough vacuuming.  Sat on the porch.  Also stacked all the wood and kindling that got moved over yesterday.  Sat on the porch.

I have written quite a bit about the sights and sounds of Spring Up Here, but the scents of Spring are really the icing on its cake: moist, fresh earth; grass; warm breeze coming up from the canyon; sun on the fir trees.  On our walks, we are constantly introduced to new and unidentified lovely scents.  Such a perfect time of the year.

JB was home by 2:00 pm.  Just before he got to Larry and Elsie's, there was a turkey hen in the road.  She ran in front of him for about 200 yards before darting into the trees!

The dogs and I had pretty much spent the most of the time outside.  Such a perfect day, and with a high of 60.  Our warmest yet.

I am going Down There tomorrow to buy new tires for my Jeep, run a few errands, get some groceries, and possibly get my new drivers' license.  Am going to get the "new and improved" one that lets me get on an airplane if I ever want to do that again.  I just have to provide my passport for ID.

Wednesday 4/25. It is 44 this morning with some high, thin clouds.  The forecast calls for temperatures in the 70's Down There today.

Thought for the day: An optimist is the human personification of Spring.  (Seen on Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment