Friday, April 20, 2018

April 20, 2018 Finally - Real Spring Weather

Two tom turkeys in
Larry & Elsie's yard.





Wednesday 4/18. Dinga has been waking JB up at 6:00 am the past few mornings.  She just sits by the bed and stares at him!  It works. . .

Some critter other than a deer was around the house during the night.  The dogs were going crazy this morning, running back and forth.  Barking. Tails and hackles up.  Considering the time of year, it must have been a bear.  Larry and Elsie haven't seen "their" bears for a few days, so maybe it was mama bear and her two cubs.

It was such a nice day that I had wanted to start splitting wood, but I got busy inside with things that had to be done.  Defrosted the freezer, cut JB's hair, sorted recipes, etc.  I collect so many recipes that I have a huge pile of them.  So I am finally sorting them out and tossing most of them.  Dishes that sound good, but, realistically, I know I will never make.

We finished watching the first season of Fringe this evening, then watched the gag reel and another special feature.  Tomorrow I am going Down There and plan to stop at one of the Red Boxes that has American Assassin on sale.  Hopefully we can watch that tomorrow night.

Thursday 4/19. It was 32 with clear skies this morning.  Opening the door to bird song on a clear Spring morning is pure heaven.  It was cold, but the day quickly warmed up.  I had to get out first thing to take the chains off of Miss Kitty's front tires and fill her up with gas.  Then feed the dogs and girls, and shower.

I was on my way Down There just before 9:00 am and what a beautiful ride it was.  The bushes are budding and the grasses are turning green.  In town everything is in bloom.  After five months of seeing just stark white and dark green, it is so exhilarating to see the rainbow of Spring colors.  Had lots of places to go, but just took my time and enjoyed the day.  Walked up and down every aisle in Costco, but only bought a few items that were not on my list.

I am sure the temperature in town was well into the 60's.  It felt so good!  Took off my coat and didn't have to put it on again as I drove home.  Had a nice long visit with Larry and Elsie.  Their lawn is a brilliant green and there are actually a few balsam root plants blooming near their place.

I was home by 2:00 pm and our high for the day Up Here was 55.  Our warmest day yet.  There are only two places on our road where there is any serious snow left, and even with those I am sure we can get JB's Jeep all the way up to the house.  We will probably drive Miss Kitty down in the next day or two to do that, depending upon whether we get any rain.

Watched American Assassin this evening. We have both read all of Vince Flynn's books and are big fans, but the movie was a bit disappointing as the actor who portrayed Mitch Rapp just wasn't a good fit.  Of course, Michael Keaton was amazing, as always.

Friday 4/20. It is 38 this morning with clouds around the edges, and rain in the forecast.

Thought for the day: Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only what we know about nature.  Saint Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment