Monday, May 14, 2018

May 14, 2018 Enjoying The Marvelous Weather

One of our little hummers.
Our blooming service berry
bush & some of my
flower pots.
One of our many lizards.















Friday 5/11. Hung the laundry outside.  After lunch we cut two loads of wood in the cradle and moved them to the wood shed with the tractor.  Then I used the large clippers to cut small branch wood into kindling and JB moved that to the shed in one load.  I stacked some of it and finished after dinner.  So nice to get outside in the evening to work or just enjoy.

With the warm weather come the bugs.  Flying, crawling, skittering bugs.  And lizards, but they are so cute and they eat the bugs.

Clouds blew over from the north most of the day, but it was perfect weather to work outside.  Our high for the day was 66.

Saturday 5/12. It was 50 and clear this morning.  I was on my way Down There before 9:00 am to pick up the 25 lb. bag of gluten-free oatmeal that Cash & Carry had ordered for me and run some errands.  Didn't want to take too long as the forecast called for a temperature of 80 today.  I missed the worst of the heat and was home by 1:30 pm.

Larry and Elsie were at their shop, so I stopped in to say "Hi".  She always makes a lovely hanging basket for me for Mother's Day and I asked if she would like me to pick it up on my way home to save them a trip.  She said she would and so I did.  So very pretty!  But I am trying to get a true photo of it.  The cameras do not pick up the reds in the flowers and they turn out looking too blue.

I received my new and improved drivers' license about a week ago.  I think they put the wrong photo on it though.  I have no idea who that angry old lady is!  (I guess I should have smiled.)

With our warmer weather also comes a lot of snow melt.  There are warnings out for flash floods and overflowing rivers.  So glad we live Up Here.

Our high for the day was a lovely 70.

Sunday 5/13. Mothers' Day began with 60 and a blue sky.  I enjoyed a perfectly glorious day all the way around.  Our high for the day was 76.

Monday 5/14. It is 60 with blue skies again this morning.  We had some snorting critter on the east slope but JB couldn't see it.  He said it sounded like an elk, or maybe one of our neighbor's cows on the other side of the fence.

Thought for the day: The marvelous here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment