Friday, May 25, 2018

May 25, 2018 Thunder Storm & Other Electrical Issues

My connection is too slow for photos today.


Wednesday 5/23. We spent several hours trying to get the other generator wired into the inverter but to no avail.  JB really should not have been standing up that long with his bad knee.

Large thunder clouds were moving in from the southwest by noon and we heard distant thunder a few times.  Just as I was finished fixing dinner at 5:00 pm, I noticed it getting pretty dark outside so I went out to close everything up and cover the generator.  Just as I got back up on the porch, we heard the first clap of thunder very nearby and the rain began to fall.  Rain continued for about an hour as the thunder and lightening moved slowly off to the east.

I now have an extra key for both cars in my wallet. . .

Our high for the day was 78.

Thursday 5/24. It was 54 and clear this morning.  After sleeping on finding a solution to our wiring problem, we got out and got it done right just like we knew what we were doing.  Unfortunately, we obviously didn't.  The washing machine wouldn't start and neither would the well pump.

I used the weed eater on the grove and it looks much better now with the grass only 4" high instead of 14".  (Note to self: next time wear long pants and a face screen to prevent green legs and face.  Also do NOT open your mouth.)

JB called Larry for advice on the wiring and he drove up to help.  However, neither of them could figure out the problem.  I emailed Gridder and told him: You're our only hope, Obi Wan.

A few clouds drifted over but the sun shone all day and our high was 76.

Friday 5/25. It is 55 and clear this morning.  JB should not have been on his feet so much yesterday and is really in pain with his knee.  He is going to have to be prone for a few days.  His brother and sister-in-law are driving over for the day tomorrow to visit.  I will have to go Down There to the laundromat while they are here as I don't want to leave JB alone.

Thought for the day: Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment