Wednesday, May 23, 2018

May 23, 2018 DNA vs Cowboy Boots

Jesse is such a good sport.


Monday 5/21. I was feeling much better today, but JB was still gimping.  It will probably take a few weeks for him to be up and around.

Larry and Elsie arrived with their youngest grandson a little after noon, just as we were trying to get the spark plugs out of the generator.  Larry helped JB with that while Elsie, her grandson, and I went on a walk-about.  The guys got the spark plugs out and we all had a delightful visit.  Their grandson stated the he was going to stay Up Here and bring up his big brother too.  It wasn't ten minutes later that he announced it was time to go. . .

The day was perfect for lounging and visiting with a high of 69.

Tuesday 5/22. It was 58 and clear this morning.  I had wanted to get my DNA done with my birthday money, but decided, instead, on a pair of cowboy boots.  Have wanted my DNA done just since the price has come down to fairly affordable.  Have wanted a new pair of cowboy boots for about twenty years now.  So, with a 20%-off sale on boots at Coastal, I was on my way Down There by 9:00 am.  Found a beautiful pair of boots and also bought the spark plugs we needed for the generator and a few other things we needed.

The colors have changed along our road.  Most of the yellow and white have faded out and the main color now is purple from the lupine, sweet peas and one other flower that I have yet to identify.  There is a little white from the flox.

I stopped by Larry and Elsie's on my way back and was home by 1:30 pm.  It was getting uncomfortably hot Down There and was forecast to get up to 86.  Larry drove up around 3:00 pm to help me put the spark plugs back in.  That done, the generator still wouldn't start, but at least it wasn't backfiring any more.  He helped me move the shop generator up to the battery room and JB will wire it up tomorrow.  I will ask Gridder if he has any ideas why it isn't starting.  Perhaps a critter chewed on some wires. . .

It was a very warm day Up Here, too, with a high of 77.

Wednesday 5/23. It is 62 and clear this morning with possible thunder showers this evening.

Thought for the day: Political correctness is really a subjective list put together by the few to rule the many. . . a list of things one must think, say or do.  It affronts the right of the individual to establish his or her own beliefs.  Mark Berley

No comments:

Post a Comment