Wednesday, January 9, 2019

January 9, 2019 Finally Some "Real" Snow!

Tuesday's snow making the south
slope & Dinga white again.


Monday 1/7. I have been taking fire wood from both the December and January rows for the past several weeks since December is mostly pine and January is mostly fir.  That way I can get a good mixture of both.  With what is now left of both of them, I am down to the equal of a full January row.

I made a loaf of zucchini bread yesterday with my favorite recipe that says to wrap the loaf when it is completely cool and do not cut it until the next day.  It is so good and so worth the wait.

JB baked a beautiful loaf of white bread today.  I was busy, busy with laundry, cleaning, etc.  I pooped out by the afternoon walk, so JB took the dogs on both of them.

Our high for this mostly clear day was 30.  No melting today.

Tuesday 1/8. It is 20 this morning and a serious snow began falling at 8:00 am.  By the time we got back from our morning walk at 10:40, we had 1-1/2".  Woo hoo!  It's about time!

JB made pulled pork today, which takes three hours to cook.  I started cleaning and reorganizing my area of the loft.  Wrote a few letters, though I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them in the mail.

The book I am reading, A Bear, A Backpack and Three Cases of Vodka, just keeps getting better and better.  I think it really strikes a cord within me because of my family history.  My maternal grandfather was a Czechoslovakian Jew.  His two sisters and their families were living in Vienna perished in Nazi camps.

By the time the dogs and I went on our afternoon walk, the tracks we made this morning had disappeared under another 2" of snow.  Our high for the day was just 20, which is normal for this time of year.  The snow backed off by dinnertime at 5:00 pm. and it is becoming obvious that we have more light now when we eat dinner.

When my bladder got me up at 12:30 am, the snow had stopped and I could see the lights of town.  After putting in a fire, I went back to bed but couldn't sleep.  So I got up again and finished reading my book.  A phenomenal memoir!

Wednesday 1/9. It is 26 and overcast this morning.  We received another 3" of snow overnight for a total of 6-12", and there is more snow on the way.

Thought for the day: When old dreams die, new ones come to take their place.  God pity a one-dream man.  Robert Goddard, rocket scientist


No comments:

Post a Comment