Wednesday, January 2, 2019

January 2, 2019 Music & MAX

Dinga & JB at the north
ridge on our morning walk.


Monday 12/31. Snow began to fall last night around 6:30 pm and when we talked to Larry on the radio at 7:00, they already had an inch.  Our total for the evening was just 1/2".

The deer's corn was gone this morning, so I put some more out.  Will have to get another bag next time we go Down There, and maybe some alfalfa, too.

Am really enjoying my radio/cd-player.  I can have music whenever I want it.  For ten years I have enjoyed the quiet of the mountain, but now I am ready for music.  My Mother always loved the European classics that she grew up with, such as The Blue Danube.  I don't think we had a record player until the late 1950's, so then her music was laced with my rock and roll.  I am enjoying her favorites via Andre Rieu, and, once again, they are mixed with rock and roll.  I find it amazing how many of the words both JB and I remember of the oldies.

We are hearing that the road all the way down to the pavement is quite icy now, thanks to that one-day Chinook we had.  Larry and Elsie did a 360 on their way down which included sliding backwards for a ways.  The Gridders slid down backwards with chains on just above Larry and Elsie's house, but finally did make it all the way up to their cabin.  I think we will be staying Up Here until we get some more snow, which is due in on Wednesday.

With the sun and wind, we are back to vividly green trees with sparkling white ground, though much of it is sprinkled with needles and small branches.

Larry agrees that the picture on our game cam is a wolf.  And not the same wolf that Gridder's got on their game cam. . .

Santa brought us a Vegetti maker for Christmas with which to make veggie spaghetti.  So this evening I used carrots and zucchini for the spaghetti, then sauteed them in olive oil with fresh baby spinach and a little garlic and onion.  Delicious!

The temperature barely made it to 30 today.  A beautiful day.

New Year's Eve, and we were in bed before 10:00 pm. . .

Tuesday 1/1. This first day of the new year is beginning with a temp of 24 and mostly cloudy skies.  A patch of blue began spreading in from the west, and before noon we had sunshine and clear skies.

The deer's corn was gone again this morning.  Hmmm, it usually lasts longer that just one day.

I remember sometime in the 1980's I figured out how old I would be at the turn of the century (53), and just could not fathom being that old.  Now, here it is 2019, when I will be turning 72 this year.  Wow!

There are rabbit tracks everywhere in the snow, including in the wood shed pen.  I sure wish I could see one actually making the tracks.

After lunch we drove Miss Kitty down to MAX.  We took the wheel off the broken axle and the track off that side.  JB thinks he can drive it back up to Rose Camp like that, but we are going to have to wait until a lot of the snow is gone.  Or maybe we will have to wait until we can fix it where it is.

Our high for the day was 31.  A beautiful day for the first of a new year.

Wednesday 1/2. This early morning is 20/18 and mostly cloudy with high valley fog.  Snow is in the forecast for the next day or two.

Thought for the day: FEAR - Face Everything And Recover.  Nancy Sullivan, Guideposts Jan 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment