Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18, 2012

JB's GF bread
The forecast snow arrived at last on Monday and by mid-morning Tuesday we had 1-1/2", with at least a foot due by Wednesday night.  We were just on the edge of the weather system Monday, so we experienced alternating sun and snow, often both at the same time.  The sun would be shining in from the south and the snow blowing in from the north and above.  JB was going to drive Down There on Tuesday, but it was snowing and blowing so much when he got up that he decided to wait until at least Thursday.  By all accounts, we should have plenty of snow by then for him to use MAX instead of his Jeep.  Part of the forecast for the next few days is a "high wind event".  Event?  What is that?!  A good day for kite flying?  Or a better day to stay inside and pray?  The wind had been keeping the deck fairly clean, but it died out during the night so I will definitely have to clean it off today.

Had to post a photo of JB's gf bread.  It turns out so well and is so delicious.  However, it is more moist than wheat bread and should be refrigerated.  It does toast up nicely though.

Forgot to mention that after we anchored down the cabinets and counter last week, JB put in the last of the tongue-in-groove pine on the backside.  We still have to put a half-round along the top for the finishing touch, but it looks really nice as is.

I finally made an appointment with the dentist (oral surgeon) to have a tooth pulled.  It has been bothering me for a few months now, but I thought I might be able to hold out til May when I will have some dental coverage.  (Yes, that $79/month also gets me $500 worth of dental coverage per year.)  Couldn't get in til 1/31, but I think that will be okay as it only really hurts at the end of the day.  Two ibuprofen and I'm fine for another 24 hours.  When asked if I was allergic to anything, I said, "Yes.  Dentists."  You get my drift.

On our walk Tuesday afternoon, Dinga caught a small critter of some sort.  Not a mole or a chipmunk, but something with a rat tail.  What I hate the most about that is she will carry it very gently in her mouth and let it go a few times before chomping down and killing it.  Jesse was very upset that she wouldn't share.

I find that the longer I live Up Here, the more sensitive I am becoming to perfumes and certain scented items.  It is almost impossible for me to walk down the detergent aisle in the store.  I rarely wear perfume any more, and when I do, I can taste it.  Not a pleasant sensation.  I do enjoy a lightly scented lotion, and that doesn't seem to bother me.  However, I have been advised that bears are attracted to perfumes and the like, so I use those lotions mainly in the winter when the bears are sleeping.  I need them more this time of year anyway.

Thought for the day:  A cup of cocoa when it is snowing seems almost a requirement.   Wild Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment