Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012



Winter sun trying to charge our
solar panels
 

Rose working on MAX

My Dream Tree







As it turned out, Wednesday was not a nice day.  With all its snowing and blowing, we received another inch of snow, so all JB did on MAX was to insert the final bolt and attach the wheel extender.  However, after blowing all Wedesday night, the wind died down to an occasional breeze on Thursday and it was a beautiful, cloudless day.  We were able to get MAX all put back together, and JB packed down the driveway around the house and up to the south ridge.  We plan to groom the road today as clear weather is forecast through Saturday.  There has probably been a lot of drifing on the road, so we may be doing some shoveling too.  Along with its smoothing and sculpting, the wind has created a thin crust of ice on top of the snow which really glistens in the sun.

And, of course, since it was such a nice, clear day, I was down two bars on my internet signal reception.  Go figure. . .

The right hand photo above is of my "Dream Tree" which I bought at an arts and crafts fair in Illinois.  It is metal and each leaf has been soldered on the branches which are soldered on to the tree, and it is a little over six feet tall.  Every leaf is a composite of different colors with a clear finish that is more protective than that on a car.  I fell in love with the tree as soon as I saw it.  I with a little bargaining I got a good deal.  Still spent much more than I should have, but less than I could have.  I am a very visual person and I love its brilliant colors that are even more pronounced in the winter against the white season.  But I need that visual stimulation, which is one reason why I prefer the mountains and forest to the plains.  I am an earth sign (Taurus) and was born with a fear of water.  I don't even like being wet.  Although I do remember a day at Virginia Beach, VA, about 30 years ago when we were caught in a summer shower while at the beach.  It was so refreshing with all that east coast humidity and heat that I thoroughly enjoyed getting soaked with my clothes on.  Hasn't happened before or since.

Thought for the day:  I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy.   Ashleigh Brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment