Monday, January 2, 2012

January 4, 2012

Dinga & Jesse

Wesley

Buster

I wanted to show these great photos of some of our four-legged friends in the canyon.  Of course, Dinga and Jesse live with us at Rose Camp.  Buster and Wesley belong to Larry and Elsie.  Life just wouldn't be the same without them (even though Dinga and Wesley have been nicknamed Princess and Prince Barksalot).

Dinga, Jesse and I went for a hike along the fence line to the top of the mountain east of us (Erno's).  Don't need my snowshoes yet, but am looking forward to using them.  As I came over the top of the ridge, there were four deer looking at me from just over the next ridge.  We stood and stared at each other for a few minutes, then I finally got my camera out and took a few pictures of them.  (See photo below>)  There was no breeze and the deer stood so still that the dogs didn't even know they were there.  There were lots of deer, rabbit, squirrel and Jesse tracks all along our hike.  I was thrilled to finally see some of the wild life that are making them, other than Jesse!

In checking our game cam, we found some more videos of the dogs and one of me coming back from hike.  So we changed it to still photos and moved it on Sunday to the south ridge on the solar panel post.  By the look of the tracks made since then, we ought to have at least a few good photos.  Will check it today and see.

Thought for the day:  The longer you can look back, the further you can look forward.  Winston Churchill


Four deer I saw on a hike Tuesday



No comments:

Post a Comment