Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10, 2012


Rabbit tracks coming from the tipi


Dust cover for electronics





















I would like to say "Thank You" to readers who have posted comments.  I do appreciate the positive feedback.  So glad you are enjoying my musings.

Thursday was the second day in a row of being fogged in.  Perfect for doing all sorts of odds and ends inside, and reading.  Wednesday I finished Sue Grafton's book, I is for Innocent and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Was going to start again at the beginning of her series, but I remember too much about most of them as it has only been a couple years since I read them all for about the third time.  On Thursday I started Elizabeth Lowell's Midnight in Ruby Bayou, which is turning out to be a light, fun read.

JB and the dogs went for their daily morning walk on Wednesday to the south and north ridges, then after lunch JB took them on a longer walk down the road.  I, on the other hand, do not like going out in the fog so I pretty much stayed in both days except for getting firewood.  On Thursday JB had to go Down There for a doctor's appointment.  He took three bags of recycle paper since his route for the day took him right past the recycle station.  Larry is having a spate of bad days, so I sent a "Dammit Doll" for JB to give to him.  JB's Mom used to make them.  They are a cloth doll about a foot long with just legs, body and head on which is painted a screaming mouth, and an attached note that reads, "Dammit Doll - Just grasp it firmly by the legs, and find a place to slam it. . . And as you whack its stuffing out, YELL DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!"

By Thursday morning, all the trees, grass and bushes were frosted in white so you can't really see the green.  With the fog, there is no real color outside except for white and the grey shadows of the trees.  However when JB returned from Down There he said there was no fog by halfway down the canyon road.  So it wasn't fog - we were in low clouds.  This morning it is snowing.  Don't know just when it started but we already have about 1/2 inch.

In the mail on Tuesday was a letter from the Tooth Fairy in which she had enclosed two dollars for my pulled tooth!  Last year she had also sent JB some money for the teeth he had pulled.  Until we received that letter and noticed the return address, we had never realized that the Tooth Fairy lives at the same address as my Aunt Nene.  What a coincidence!

While JB was Down There on Thursday, I finally put up a "dust cover" over the shelves under the TV on which we keep the DVD player, stereo receiver, etc.  Since I am definitely not going to purchase a cabinet with glass doors, I used two valences from the kitchen curtains I had up before Elsie gave me the lacy ones.  I think they look pretty good.  (See photo above.) 

I started on the fourth row of wood in the woodshed yesterday, so now we are into the Douglas Fir from the yard of JB's brother.  It is more than four months' dry and burns nice and slowly.  The third row of wood lasted a month, so this one ought to also, as it is the same length - 12', although each row is not quite as tall the the last one, going down with the slope of the roof.  I will start using the wood on the porch in March even though there are still two full rows of wood behind the one I just started.  Don't want to have to move more wood than necessary from the porch to the shed. . .

The Thought for the Day is one of my very favorites, which I think is from A Course in Miracles:  When we reach the edge of all the light we have ever known and take that first step into the dark unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen - we will have something solid to stand on or we will learn to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment